BS PROTECTOR

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 358 winchester, Oct 7, 2005.

1. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

It one of the things we all need at sometime in our life

Attached Files:

2. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

There are times when I NEED one of those. :D
  3. Huck Finn

Huck Finn Member

Now that you brought it up....

That's a great picture! I know I'd seen it before. It was taken this year in Utah. Here's the story behind it...
    Huck
    From Capitol Hill Blue

Bush Leagues
    Vets Aren't Buying Bush's B.S.
    By Staff and Wire Reports
    Aug 24, 2005, 01:27

George W. Bush should realize he is trouble when veterans wear bullshit protectors to avoid hearing his attempts to justify his war in Iraq.

Bill Moyer, 73, wears a “B.S. Protector” flap while President Bush addresses the Veterans of Foreign Wars at their 106th convention Monday in Salt Lake City. Moyer served in WWII, Korea and Vietnam.
    Veterans wearing "B.S. Protector" ear flaps sat silently in the audience of the 106th convention of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Monday in Salt Lake City while Bush tired to compare his failed war in Iraq to both world wars and other great conflicts of the 20th century.

With the anti-war movement finding new momentum behind grieving mother Cindy Sheehan, Bush acknowledged the fighting in Iraq is difficult and dangerous. But he told the Veterans of Foreign Wars national convention the fight is necessary to keep terrorists out of the United States.

As he did in last year’s election campaign and more recently as war opposition has risen, Bush reminded his listeners of the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001 – reciting the date five times in a 30-minute speech.

“We’re not yet safe,” Bush said. “Terrorists in foreign lands still hope to attack our country. They still hope to kill our citizens. The lesson of Sept. 11, 2001, is that we must confront threats before they fully materialize.”

The vets, however, weren't buying. Applause during Bush's speech was both muted and scattered.

In addition to his references to Sept. 11 and the war on terror, Bush spoke of earlier global fights.

“In a single lifetime, many of you have seen liberty spread from Germany and Japan to Eastern Europe to Latin America to Southeast Asia and Africa and beyond,” Bush told the largely gray-haired crowd.

“The generation of men and women who defend our freedom today is taking its rightful place among the heroes of our nation’s history.”

The speech was the first of two that Bush is giving this week to make his case for staying the course in Iraq. The second is Wednesday in Idaho, and in between Bush planned to take a day off at the Tamarack Resort 100 miles north of Boise.

On Monday, Bush spoke shortly before the Iraqi parliament failed to meet its second deadline to approve a draft constitution amid disagreements between different ethnic groups. “We know this from our own history,” he said. “The Constitutional Convention was home to political rivalries and regional disagreements.”

Bush’s arguments for war were not new, but they were his first public statements on the war since his national security and defense advisers visited his Texas ranch on Aug. 11. Since then, the limelight had shifted to protesters camping at a neighbor’s ranch, asking that he bring the troops home immediately.

Bush had not left the ranch since Aug. 13, when he attended a Little League regional championship game in nearby Waco. He chose two Republican-friendly states in Utah and Idaho to re-emerge and make his case for continued war. People lined the streets of his motorcade route in Salt Lake City, many cheering and holding up signs such as one that said, “Honor The Dead. Support President Bush.”

But there also were anti-war signs and a few unfriendly gestures along the way. Hundreds of people gathered at an anti-war rally in Pioneer Park, about three blocks from the Salt Palace where Bush spoke.

Among them was retired Air Force Lt. Col. George Muller of Salt Lake City, who said he believed there has been a shift in the country’s attitude toward the war.

“That’s what it’s going to take – veterans groups, veterans and mothers who have lost kids speaking out,” Muller said.

Bush has refused to meet this month with Sheehan, who lost her son last year in Iraq. She and family members of several other soldiers killed in Iraq met with the president in June of last year.

Bush didn’t mention the Crawford protesters in his speech, but at both the beginning and the end of his remarks he spoke of the grief carried by the families of fallen soldiers.

He said Americans owe it to the war dead to finish the task they gave their lives for.

More than 1,800 U.S. troops have died since the beginning of the Iraq war in March 2003.

The deaths have taken a toll on national support for Bush, with an AP-Ipsos poll taken earlier this month showing 38 percent approve of his handling of Iraq.
  4. kingjoey

kingjoey New Member

358, I hope you don't mind, but I'm gonna borrow that one :D
  5. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Huck Finn

Why ain't you off somewhere wallering in that pile of cash you made from your oil stocks ?? :rolleyes: :cool: :D

mike
    gn
  6. Huck Finn

Huck Finn Member

GN,
    I merely pointed out the source of the photo. As for wallowing in my great gas profits, they're safely and soundly invested & will remain so as long they stay strong. When that changes, I'll find another place to put the profits. By the way, did anybody else think of buying Boeing stock the day the strike was announced? Even though I have a great retirement plan through work, I don't care to rely on it (or social security) being there when I need it. With investing, I have control of where my money goes. And if I loose it, then it's my fault. It's called taking control of your future and not leaving it in the hands of others. So I have a few years left before I can truely "wallow". But when that day comes...it will be sweeeeeeeeeeeet!
    Huck
  7. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Yes, i curse you out ever time i fill up at the gas station !!!!! :D :D :D :D

mike
    gn
  8. Huck Finn

Huck Finn Member

Mike,
    Maybe one day we'll have the oppertunity to get together and do a little shooting. WE can take my truck to the range, if you'll spring for the ammo :D :D :D :D :D
    Huck
    P.S. The beers are on me
  9. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I dunno..... you're a rabbid democrat !!! :D :D :D :D :cool:

mike
    gn
  10. Huck Finn

Huck Finn Member

Well, that's true, but if you out shoot me, my biggest problem will be figuring out how I can blame it on Bush!!! But don't worry, being a die hard Dem, I'll figure out a way! ;)
    Huck
  11. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat Active Member

I do find it intriguing that a professed Dem is not counting on others for his future, or Social Security.
  12. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

A Democrat and Gun owner,very strange very strange instead, should at least be an Independent. at least most Replublicans support gun owernship.
  13. Huck Finn

Huck Finn Member

I have to admit that it seems strange. But, like most people, I don't buy everything my party is trying to sell. I know a couple dozen Democrats that own guns. What I don't understand is why they're not more aggressive about promoting our RKBA. It's these people I'm working on to get more involved in supporting the rights they already enjoy. I really think that getting more Dems involved in supporting RKBA legislation is the key to preserving our rights. The Republican's are already onboard, it's the Democrat politicians that we have have to sway. I think that pressure from fellow Democrats will be far more effective than pressure from out side the party. After all, they figure that being a Dem, they already have my vote. They don't want to loose that vote over gun control. With either party, it all comes down to politics.
    Huck
  14. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

Huck Finn you may have a point there, i have never thought about it that way.
  15. Huck Finn

Huck Finn Member

Deputy Dawg
    Thanks! We really are on the same side here. We may disagree on some things ( nothin' wrong with that) but our belief and dedication to the RKBA is why we're here in the first place.
    Huck