1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

BSA Red-Dot Sights

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 23, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Magnus Ursus
    (2/8/02 12:52:28 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All BSA Red Dot Sight
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How dependable are these sights. They are priced kind of low and I'm leary of laying out $40 bucks for a piece of junk.
    I'm looking to put it on a tactical 870 remington 12 ga.
    Thanks
    If you don't know where your are going, any road will take you there.

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/8/02 1:20:57 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: BSA Red Dot Sight
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Don`t let price fool you. They are tough. Regards LTS

kornhauser
    (2/21/02 10:11:57 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del BSA
    Bought one for my CAR-15 and wasn't too pleased that it had a 5MOA (covered five inches at one hundred yards) so I took it off.

Put it on my Ruger 10/22 for plinking and love it!

Sturdy and stable.

velvetnsteel
    (2/22/02 4:24:42 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: BSA
    I got one of the bad ones............put it on a revolver and got about 5 round off before the front optic started to crack in a neat but very nasty way. Sent it back to factory and they fixed it................yep!! Put it on an SKS then and got 5 or 6 more off before red dot went sailing up in top right hand corner. Just for giggles I adjusted the thing until the dot was in the middle again, pulled off 1 more and dot flew back to 1 o'clock position.

Wrote factory and asked permission to send back for repairs, and never got a response. I ended up throwing it in the trash can. Will not buy a BSA again because of it.