buck 120 "general"

Discussion in 'Knives & Edged Items' started by dammitman, Dec 14, 2010.

1. dammitman

dammitman Member

i have been led to understand that this is the last year for production of this knife. also, its not shown or listed on bucks official website now. any one know anything about this? thanks!
  2. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

I don't know much except you can get one on Ebay for $79.00+. Good knives. I bought one in a PX when in the service. Was stolen out of my car. Always meant to replace it. I just may now that you've brought it up.

!Bi2rlkwB2k~$(KGrHqIH-DQEs777iVdbBLR!y-Q25w~~_3.jpg

BUCK 120 General Blk Phenolic Fixed Blade Knife/Knives

Item condition: New

Price: US $79.00 Buy It NowBuy It NowBuy It Now

Add to Watch listStart of panelAdd to Watch list

Shipping: $7.50 Expedited ShippingSee more services See shipping discounts | See all shipping details

Delivery: Need it by December 24? Buy and pay today
    Estimated between Fri. Dec. 17 and Sat. Dec. 18

Returns: 7 day exchange, buyer pays return shipping | Read return policy details

Learn moreabout eBay Buyer Protection - opens in a new window or tab

Find out more about Top-rated seller - opens in a new window or tabMember id ssknife ( Feedback Score Of 14513)
    99.8% Positive feedback

Consistently receives highest buyers' ratings
    Ships items quickly
    Has earned a track record of excellent service

Save this seller
    See other items from this sellerVisit store: Sooner State Knives

Other item info
    Item number: 380299093580
    Item location: OKLAHOMA (The Sooner State), United States
    Ships to: Worldwide
    Payments: PayPal, Visa/MasterCard, Discover See payment details

Print this item - opens in a new window or tab|Report item

Description Shipping and payments Share: this item

Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing.Item specifics
    Condition: New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item (including handmade items). See the seller's listing for full details. See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab... Read moreabout the condition Brand: Buck
    Manufacturer: Buck Country: USA
    Accessory Type: Leather Sheath
  3. dammitman

dammitman Member

well, here is another one on epay that i bought 2 from.
    Buck Hunting Knife 120BKS General Black 120 NEW!!!!
    Item number: 310279644436

they shipped fast and have boatloads of knifes of all types available. i may buy more of these,good deal
  4. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

That's an even better price. They have a good price on Kbars too.
  5. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

I had the Buck 120 way back when, long time ago and gave it to me son a few years ago. The only thing I had against them was re-sharpening them...man was those made of some hard SS! I'm no "master" at sharpening, but man... needless to say, I had a rough time.:eek:
  6. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

I had one too, bought it in 1980 right after I got married in fact.:D

Held an edge FOREVER, well almost. and I too just could NEVER get it resharpened right.

I traded it for something else, and since I probably no longer have whatever it was, and can't remember what it was even, but can still remember the Buck General, I must have made a bad trade!:mad::D
  7. ozo

ozo Active Member

I Just saw a 110 in Dick's sporting goods for $59
  8. Sooner1911

Sooner1911 New Member

In an effort to be a resource to this forum, I am going to try and assist with the unasked question. I too have one of the larger fixed blade Buck knives that was difficult for me to sharpen. I can't give you the model as it is not with me (knives over a certain length are offensive weapons in NYC dontcha know), but it is about a 5 or 6 inch blade. I brought it on a hunting trip and it had lost the edge that was on it when I bought it. I borrowed a sharpening steel and tried an Arkansas stone and just could not get an edge. It seemed that nothing fazed it. Finally one of the deer camp members whom I didn't know from Adam said he could have it shaving hair from my arm in less than 10 minutes. He used a foldable Diamond sharpener (red/blue) with just water which was coarse on one side and fine on the other. He did 5 or 10 strokes at about a 25 degree angle on each side of the blade. Then he used an old fashioned leather strop pulling both sides of the blade toward himself with the sharp edge pointing away from his body (kind of backwards to the sharpening process). Sure enough, it shaved the hair on my arm and took about five minutes. I bought one of those sharpeners on the way home (can't remember the brand name) but they are carried at most of the major sporting goods shops (Dicks, Bass Pro, Academy) and I also have a Smith's brand that is yellow/orange (coarse/fine) and a wood block with a piece of leather glued on the top for all of my knives from my large fixed blades (Case/Buck/Western) all the way down to my Case small Texas Toothpicks. I have given several of both brands as gifts to my brother and other shooting/hunting buddies and all have been amazed at the results. Hopefully, that can make the Buck sharpening process easier for you guys. Sorry, for hijacking the thread, but if I can save you guys the frustration.