Buckmark Practical URX Finish ?

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by mebsdad, Jan 28, 2012.

1. mebsdad

mebsdad New Member

Let me start by saying "hello". This is my first time posting, but have followed this forum for a while now. I stumbled in while trying to figure out the correct way to clean the action on my older Marlin 60 once the bug to start shooting again bit.

My question is whether or not anyone is familiar with any special precautions that need to be taken with the matte finish on a Buckmark Practical URX. I just picked one up today and want to make sure I don't screw anything up when cleaning. I have never owned a firearm that doesn't have a blued finish and would hate to ruin my new toy.

Thanks for a great forum and any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  2. One Shot

One Shot Member

Don't have the answer you are looking for, but someone will come along with it.
    I just wanted to say welcome aboard.

os
  3. StoneChimney

StoneChimney New Member

The Practical URX has a matte gray anodized alloy frame and a sandblast blue finish on the barrel. Treat it the same as any other blued firearm and you will be fine, although scratches will possibly show more readily.
  4. mebsdad

mebsdad New Member

Thanks for the help. I was originally going to get something with a stainless finish but my 14-yo daughter, who will probably have her hands on it at the range more than anyone, liked the dark finish better. If that's what it takes to get her to the range, so be it.