buckmark scope mount

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by pea shooter, Feb 2, 2012.

1. pea shooter

pea shooter New Member

Can anyone tell me what scope rings to use with the factory browning base.It says to use weaver style mounts but the weavers are a hair to big.I have a simmons red dot that came with rings and they fit,but i wanted to try the scope off my S&W 617 that has weaver rings and it would not tighten up.I do not understand why the actual weaver brand rings do not fit but the ones that came with my simmons red dot do. any help would be great
  2. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    your red dot is going to be 30mm while most rings are smaller,one inch.yhats the difference. old semperfi
  3. pea shooter

pea shooter New Member

The problem is where the rings mount to the base. I tried the weaver steel rings and they work ok. I ended up with a pair of tradition rings and they work fine.It seems the weaver aluminum rings are the problem,i I have read about this problem on another forum. Browning must make there base a little thinner than most.
  4. Curlyjoe_99

Curlyjoe_99 Member

Sounds liek you got a set of rings at the max tolerance and your mount is at the minimum. i'd try to return the ring set since you found another that works for you.

jut my $.02

Curlyjoe