Buds Gun Room questionable?

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by accident, Dec 11, 2009.

1. accident

accident Well-Known Member Supporting Member

i was looking at a gun at buds gun room until i started reading alot of negative responces from other places.scares me to trade there.Anyone have personal experience or advice?
  2. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

No experience but I dont see how they can sell so cheap. They sell some stuff for what I pay for it as a dealer. Its got to be the volume they do.
  3. jjmitchell60

jjmitchell60 Active Member

Raised in Buzzard Roost near Frog Town in hillls o
    Are you talking about Buds Gun Shop in Paris KY? IF so reply yes and I will fill you in on a LOT about Buds!!!! I live close to there, next county, and have dealt with Buds since my father was buying from their distributership in the mid 70s. So if that is the right shop, please reply and I will tell you a lot that needs to be out there to warn others about.
  4. rentalguy1

rentalguy1 Former Guest

why not tell us all? Or at least PM the info to me. I'd be interested to know in case it comes up in my future gun purchases.
  5. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I've purchased 3 guns from Budsgunshop.com and have had nothing but good service and prices. Now, with that said, some people have purchased their former police guns and complained about finish... To be expected... Some have purchased guns that are factory 'blems' and complained about them. Really, I don't see anything negative about what they offer. It was on this website that someone posted a link to their site. I bought a .44 Magnum that night... :D
  6. Suwannee Tim

Suwannee Tim New Member

Yeah, tell us all.
  7. yellerdawg

yellerdawg Former Guest

:D :D yeah....tell us of actual experiences....

;) :D ..unless...of course......

:D

Attached Files:

8. accident

accident Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I think my bad.when i search "buds gun room" immediately a bad report pops up.i clicked on that and thats where i found neg. post after post.But i think its about a completely another site maybe "buds gun shop".I'm kinda new to this so sorry guys if thats the case.someone please correct or inform me.THANKS GUYS joe
  9. pawn

pawn New Member

I've made 4 firearm purchases through Buds, each experience was positive. These guys are my barometer when gauging prices from other vendors or on-line auctions. More often than not, it is my observation that Buds pricing is more cost effective than buying local, even with shipping and transfer fees.

Look forward to hearing JJMitchell60 elaborate on his previous post. :confused:
  10. colt

colt New Member

Another positive from me. I have dealt with Buds guns and nothing negative from me.
  11. jjmitchell60

jjmitchell60 Active Member

Raised in Buzzard Roost near Frog Town in hillls o
    Been off line due to a virus but as to Buds Gun Shop, the shop was one of the best in the country TILL Bud became ill AND sort of lost interest. He let a certain person (will not mention actual names for legal and privacy issues) who thought that they knew how to run it better, They ran many a long time customer off JUST because they did not like the way Bud had done business with them in the past, they made several employees mad so as to get infighting going on in the shop which spilled over to customer service, and on and on. This person is still in a position of power however their wings have been clipped by Buds partner who bought Bud completely out in no small part due to this certain person. IF you look on line, they have a lot of bad feedback and it is deserved. I have NEVER had a bad deal with Buds BUT I dealt with either Bud OR one other person in the shop. I have noticed that since Bud's former partner is now the full owner, the one who was running the shop is being put in their place and service is coming back to a good point very slowly. I could go on and on about the antics that went on inside the shop between employees which affected service JUST to get another employee in trouble but it would take too long. Bottom line is this, deal with Buds at your own risk. IF you have had good service, then chances are it will continue but once you have a bad transaction and complain; chances are anymore will not be good transactions due to the employees being petty. I still deal with them but as stated I deal with ONE person ONLY and that person will be there as long as alive and there is a Buds gun Shop.

IF any of you are long time customers, then you should know Bud is in bad health yet has opened a new business since selling his part of the Gun Shop out. Also watch out for some new employees in the shop looking to cause trouble with other employees so be careful who you deal with at Buds IMHO. Deal with the ones who have been there for 2 or more years IMHO. I have noticed prices are going up at the shop, apparently they are no longer running on only a 5% mark up for some reason. What kills me about nthe shop is the on aspect of it that is a pure money maker is the part the employees actually want to not deal with and would love see gone; that is the indoor range. It is pure profit.
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  12. tntrucker

tntrucker New Member

Very interesting, from one who should know the in's and outs. Sounds like Buds has the same problem many businesses do. The owner starts it then others run it down. Never been to the store, but bought several guns on-line. Never had any problems. Use their prices to cost compare. Hard to beat their prices.