Bug out bags anyone?

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Rommelvon, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Rommelvon

Rommelvon New Member

Am I the only one who keeps a bug out bag?......I keep my LBE ready with ammo,medical kit, emergency radio/light, MRE's all I have to do is grab my vest and weapon and run if the need be, I live in hurricane country and am always prepared, but the thought of some huge disaster hitting has crossed my mind, what if the bird flu ran rampant across america, people would freak, same with a meteor strike...I dont think I'm paranoid, I just like to be prepared for the unthinkable.....am I the only one?
  2. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

I keep one too, It's got food, water, water purification chemical's, Flashlights with a lot of batteries, Medical kit, ammo and some other goodys I don't want to list
  3. Dakota Red 1

Dakota Red 1 New Member

No
  4. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

I don't have one put together... but by this time tomorrow, I probably will.
  5. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek New Member

I keep a big one for our family, but we also have smaller ones at work, and in each vehicle.
  6. Crpdeth

Crpdeth New Member

Nope!

But, I am a "bug in" minded fella, so most my preps and education are geared that way.

Crpdeth
  7. Ed K

Ed K New Member

after 9/11 anyone who dosen't is foolish I keep one in my camper always ready to go and in my house.
  8. williamd

williamd New Member

Got metal box for the back inside of my Suburban and keep it refreshed. Plus, a range bag I can grab for the 'essentials' I don't carry in the truck!
  9. HeadHunterII

HeadHunterII New Member

Sure do... actually I have two. One is my hunting bag. It has enough ammo to keep me banging away with every firearm I own just in case, some chemical handwarmers and some solid fuel handwarmers. Couple of pairs of socks, a knit hat, Binoculars, a skinning knife, a small bottle of gun oil and some rags, a bore snake for all of my firearms... ummm... some "Repel" 100 " 99.8% Deet mosquito repellent. A flint for starting fires in a pinch and some matches. In the other bag I have jumper cables, a 2 ton tow strap, glow sticks, signal flares and road flares, tire pump, pretty extensive first aid kit.... and enough tools to get by with...
  10. delta13soultaker

delta13soultaker New Member

I prefer an innocent looking college backpack for a bug-out bag.

As far as LBE's, LBV's, tactical vests...would never use those as a citizen stuck in SHTF.

Worked in enough 3rd world countries under martial law to know blending in is essential. Martial law in the US would make that absolutely vital...unless you have your own mountain somewhere to hide in.
  11. Crpdeth

Crpdeth New Member

Absolutely!

Sometimes "camouflage" doesnt come in shades of OD, black and brown! Just depends on the scenario....

Crpdeth
  12. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Don't have a BOB, not going to pack one.

People say that in case something happens, they are going to "head for the hills"
    Since I'm already IN the hills, where am I supposed to go?
    If it gets that bad, I'll just be another one of those trying to defend my position.
  13. delta13soultaker

That is an option. Your castle is your castle.
  14. Rommelvon

Rommelvon New Member

Thats it, defend your firebase, being on the beach, I can only go so many places, so if you see a guy toting an M4, a glock and a black and tan german shepherd...don't shoot....it's me:D
  15. delta13soultaker

If ya see a guy sitting under a palm tree sipping rum from a coconut with a straw...don't shoot me either:D:D:D
  16. Here's what you need, Delta. It should make you feel right at home. :D;):p

[​IMG]
  17. delta13soultaker

Too at home! I'll carry that until I retire...well ok that's my favority no BS get it done kit if I'm getting paid so ok you're right:D

But my main SHTF civi bag is an innocent looking green nylon canvas book bag with a leather lower and some custom reinforcing on a few points. The other is solid black nylon and meant to be discarded if necessary. Otherwise I use my pockets.

Here's a pic of the newest inventory in mine. It's kinda like a hand-held weather station. I got pretty good at using one when I had a job that required putting 2 or 3 precise shots on something at very long range. In the meantime I learned to take some guess work out of what the weather will likely do with one, so a pretty handy tool.

Attached Files:

18. infidel_2_dabone

infidel_2_dabone New Member

I keep 2 ready to go, I had mine custom made in Bogota by a company that makes just about everthing that you can get from BlackHawk but 50% more or less cheaper,thier name is "CDS" I thought they had a website but I checked and it appears they dont.If your ever in Bogota for what ever reason it would be well worth the time to stop in and chat, they can custom make just about anything,and if your a "Snake Eater" you'll probably get the discount plus you shouldn't have any trouble finding it cause they do alot of work with 7th Grp.and they are within walkin distance from the US Embassy.
  19. t. appleby

t. appleby New Member

I use a multi layer system, have quick bag that is set of for fast heavy action, have bug out bag for me and each member of my family has one , total bug out gear is pre packed and can be loaded out for extended out of built up area for months. load out time is set for thirty minutes for total bug out. the light kit is set for grab and run.
    some people say it may be paranoid, but i note these same people wear seat belts and have car insurance.
  20. AngelDeville

AngelDeville New Member

mine consists mainly of ammo...