Building Marlin Camp-9

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by MUROFSMRA, Nov 20, 2009.

1. MUROFSMRA

MUROFSMRA New Member

Guys, I am looking for the trigger/action group for a Marlin Camp-9 build up. Bought a $10 box of 'junk' and there were several S&W mags, plus some marked "Marlin", plus several un-shot barrels for the Camp-9. Sounds like a nice over-the-winter project for me. Where can I find any Camp-9 action/trigger-groups?? Thanks. MUROF.
  2. wabryan1

wabryan1 New Member

Numrich Arms, ebay, Home Gunsmith. There are a bunch of others. Finding them can be a winter project.
    Bill
  3. MUROFSMRA

MUROFSMRA New Member

Thanks Bill B., on info: Building Marlin Camp-9

I couldn't find the "Camp-9" in Numrich, but I think I need another name for it, like a Model Number or Type.

4. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  5. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

That front sight is what came on my Camp 9. I've been looking for stronger bolt springs so that I can fire +P ammo but have not found any. Wolf Spring used to make a spring for the Camp 9 that was stiffer and could handle +P ammo so that it wouldn't destroy the recoil buffer. I don't think they carry the spring any longer.
  6. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I've considered the bullpup stock many times. I don't particularly enjoy shooting the Marlin Camp 9 whatsoever. I used to like the gun but have no use for it now. I suppose it's an inevitable change as my preferences change. I don't sell guns, period, so I guess this one is stuck with me. The bullpup may add new life to the tired old gun that I purchased new.
  7. Big Shrek

It's pretty much an "In Case of Zombie Attack" weapon. :D

After you get good with it...you only need to practice occasionally to keep the skill level up.

Slap a green laser on it and you don't even need practice...
  8. sks-er

sks-er New Member

Say- yes they do. I just bought a 16.5 pound spring and a 21 pound spring from Wolf for my camp 9 last week. Only took 'em 4 days to get to me.
  9. sks-er

sks-er New Member

10. washambala

washambala New Member

As far as using p+ ammo or hotter, I have read elsewhere that the stronger recoil spring is a must. The only other question I have about a setup like that is how well will the barrel and chamber hold up to the extra pressure, especially over extended periods of use?
  11. Big Shrek

I believe that should be a 2000 model...

Date code for 2000 was "0"
    1999=1
    1998=2

Short run in 2000, doesn't surprise me that it had only 6 digits.
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  12. wingspar

wingspar Member

It’s so rare to see anything about the Camp 9 mentioned in forums, I just had to reply to this so I could find the thread again.

That’s a cool site. I always referred to that little piece of rubber like material that I call a recoil pad that the bolt hits during recoil, but I see that site calls it a “Buffer”. Didn’t think I’d ever find one, but I might have to order one. I broke the gun down a few weeks ago after shooting it for the first time in 15 years or so, and found little chunks of the material in various places. Looked like little chunks of beeswax. At the time, I couldn’t figure out how the Buffer came out, so I left it in there. You can’t see anything abnormal, so the chunks must have broken off down out of sight.

I started a thread on the Buffer once, but didn’t really get any info on it. http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=70806

Here is a photo of mine I took about a month ago. The pieces must have broke off down out of site, and probably don’t affect function, still, a spare while I can find one might be nice to have.

[​IMG]
  13. wingspar

wingspar Member

My serial number is 0037xx. I bought the gun new, but have no idea where the sales receipt is, nor any recollection as to when I bought it, other than the fact I’m sure it was in the mid 1980's sometime. Can you pin down a date by my serial number? If not, can it be found thru an email to Marlin?
  14. Bad_Man_One

Bad_Man_One New Member

Hi MUROF,
    My Son damaged my camp 9 barrel in a car accident.
    Would you like to sell one of the extra ones that you have?
    Thank you,
    BM1
  15. bobsimpson240

bobsimpson240 New Member