Building the Perfect Bump-Fire .22

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by montezumaz, Sep 19, 2012.

1. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

I kinda hate to see this become so popular that accessories are being sold to make it easier to do, because we all KNOW some are going to call it a "machine gun" and push congress to get these regulated.
    And the options to make this impossible to do are not good -

1. Regulate the trigger pull - force it to be LONG and HEAVY.
    2. Simply ban semi-autos.

That is a couple of BAD solutions to something that there is not really a legitimate use for in the first place.

I will not be purchasing a slide fire stock, or anything else that makes bump-fire easier to do, and would discourage the firearms community to do likewise -
  2. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

yup, nobody said it was accurate or effective, just fun. but at $200 or more a case, I don't even buy enough to practice with anymore much less bump fire. Been doing match grade ammo reloads for my M1A lately or laying down some cheap surplus thru my FAL.

maybe ya just do it to get the lead out (pun intended), then the novelty wears off. For me it's just lack of ammo these days due to price, if I had more I might bump fire more again.
  3. Rocketman1

Rocketman1 Well-Known Member

I was thinking on the same terms. Just one more reason for the anti-gun folks to put pressure on polititions for more gun regulations.
  4. Maine04657

Maine04657 New Member

The ATF says it is NOT a mg. Of course like the shoelace and the Adkins accelerator they can and do change there mind.

Wholly crap really? What is legitimate use? I have had this conversation before but in the past it was with antis saying I do not NEED a semi auto rifle. Or there is no legitimate purpose for a mag that holds more then ten rounds. The second says we have the right to KEEP AND BEAR ARMS no stipulations given. There does not need to be a use, need or purpose!
  5. JLA

JLA Moderator

Nobody said you couldnt bump fire your guns. Some of us just dont see the purpose or the need to and have good reasons behind it. So bump fire away.
  6. Maine04657

Maine04657 New Member

As I own machine guns bump firing seems pointless.
  7. JLA

JLA Moderator

...:rolleyes:... As a couple of us have been saying all along... Bumpfiring IS pointless.

Controlled dedicated FA fire, albeit expensive and less accurate than aimed semi auto fire, does have a place and a purpose. Though aside from occasionally renting an FA to play around a little at the shop from time to time, it isnt for me..
  8. Maine04657

Maine04657 New Member

It is not pointless to those who have a bumpfire stock as this is close to a machine gun for allot less money. Please do not get drawn into that train of thought where some guns are good and some are useless. All firearms are our right as Americans no mater if we like them or not. While bumpfire may be pointless to me I would never say there a generally pointless.

This is how "gun control" started. Someone said hey those X are not really good/ liked or needed. It then spread to the outrages infringements we have today where simply adding a part to a firearm may make you a criminal.
  9. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Give it time and those stocks will be outlawed....just takes one IDIOT to try and use it in a "crime" and the anti-gunners will be on it like white on rice...
  10. JLA

JLA Moderator

It isnt how gun control started. It started because america started electing democrats. And the dems started funneling thier libtarded troops ino the house and senate. they couldnt see a need for guns period and started GCA.

It is my opinion that the slidefire stock is a key to an all out weapons ban. Anything semi auto that can be fit with a slidefire stock or anything that can otherwise be bumpfired will be the subject of restriction. And a buncha folks spraying and praying for the sake of fun is only drawing more and more attention to it. They havent figured it out because they arent that smart. Libtards for the most part are too busy self indulging to care, but all it takes is for someone to notice and then they all jump on that wagon..

Again, nobody is telling you you cant. By all means it is our second ammendment right, so have fun.. But dont tell me 'Not to get caught up' because I feel its a more tactical move, both on my behalf and yours, to leave the pointless bumpfire to the cityfolk and ill learn to make my bullets count one by one..
  11. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Absolutely, as JLA said; I do not advocate government restrictions.
    Hey, I do not advocate laws requiring seat belt use in cars, or helmet use on motorcycles. IMHO, let folks do what they want, and Darwin will settle the matter.

But I will stand by me estimation of the lack of legitimate use for bump-firing. I would challenge anyone to outline a situation where there is a NEED to bump-fire, either on the range, in the field, or in defense of the home.
    That is NOT to say I want it done away with; heck, I encourage folks to use it a lot; more profit for the ammunition makers!

They sure will - to the point that I would not put it past them to HIRE someone to use it to knock off a 7-11.

But I am a bit paranoid -

Maybe -
  12. JLA

JLA Moderator

I was thinkin that very thing Rev. All they really need to gain unanimous support is a few instances where they are used to commit crime. Then theyll push thier banning procedure. and the crap thing about it is, if nobama and his anti gun homeboy biden get another term, itll be a guarateed assault on our 2nd ammendment and the UN will be behind it all. If that happens, it will be a re-occurence of what took place in UK and OZ in years past. Dont believe me, just ask our own Jack404, hes lived it.
  13. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Active Member

I think bumpfiring would be VERY handy if using a Calico 100-rd 9mm pistol against a group of gangbangers in your home.

However, as fast as I can pull the trigger (which is faster than average) also performs the same thing...
    but for those who have not trained their trigger finger, bumpfire remains a decent alternative IF you have a 50 to 100-rd capacity Calico pistol.
    Anything less than 50 rounds per mag and you're likely to run out of ammo before you run out of bad guys...
    [​IMG]

Outside my bedroom is a long hallway...which is a PERFECT place to Fast-finger a Calico...sweeping anything & everything in the hallway...
    You got 20 gangbangers?? I got the solution :)
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  14. JLA

JLA Moderator

Those Calicos are so fugly they are awesome!
  15. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Active Member

I just love the 100-rd mags :D

Get a buncha bunnies in the garden, and just start popping 'em from the swing on the back porch...one at a time...all day long :D
  16. Maine04657

Maine04657 New Member

My m-110 22lr I had long before the first AWB was even thought of. I was offered big bucks for it but I love the thing.

[​IMG]
  17. JLA

JLA Moderator

Love it. thats fugly on steroids!
  18. Maine04657

Maine04657 New Member

I agree it is a UGLY gun. I have debated doing a duracoat job on it but have yet to decide on colors/ pattern for it. 20 min to load but 100 shots before a reload is nice.
  19. JLA

JLA Moderator

The ultimate squirrel rifle.
  20. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Active Member

Get more mags...having 5 mags pre-loaded is a huge advantage ;)