Bullet through the roof in Edmonton

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John Y., Apr 1, 2005.

1. John Y.

John Y. New Member

Saw this on the news...

Bullet in chest wakes sleeping woman
    Last Updated Mar 31 2005 04:36 PM MST
    CBC News
    EDMONTON – A woman sleeping in her south Edmonton home was hit by a bullet early Thursday morning, after it came through her roof and bedroom ceiling.

"I thought I was just dreaming," Jane Amurao, who went to church to say a prayer, said. "I thought it's just somebody in my dream.

"And then we wake up, there's a hole in our ceiling, then suddenly we see that there's a bullet in our bed."

The bullet hit 48-year-old Amurao in the chest about 4 a.m. She was bruised and shaken, but is otherwise uninjured.

"We are a little bit afraid, because what if that hit our head? My husband's head and my head too?" Amurao, who has lived in the neighbourhood for four years, said. "We don't know where it came from.

"My God, things happen every day, but we don't have [safety] here any more."

Police say the bullet was fired into the air and appears to be of a large calibre. Experts say those are mainly used in semi-automatic handguns.

"At this stage, we're unable to determine where the round came from," Const. Elli McEvoy said Thursday afternoon. "We're still trying to figure out the trajectory and where it was fired from."
  2. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Is this Edmonton, like in Alberta, Canada? Or a US town named Edmonton?
  3. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

"Police say the bullet was fired into the air and appears to be of a large calibre. Experts say those are mainly used in semi-automatic handguns.

THUD

LTS

.......has to be Canada---
  4. John Y.

John Y. New Member

Sorry for leaving that bit of info out.

Yes, this occurred in Edmonton, Alberta. The newsfootage showed a hole in the ceiling directly above this woman's bed. They didn't show the bullet but the camera crew went to a local gun shop and the lady behind the counter was showing what appeared to be .45 cartridges.

John
  5. chuckster

chuckster Member

I'm no expert, but I would question weather a falling bullet would have enough velocity to go thru roof shingles, roof, & then a ceiling & leave a bruise. I just don't buy it. Of course, I could be wrong.
    chuckster
  6. Salvage33

Salvage33 New Member

Shreveport, LA why leave the USA to visit a 3rd wo
    Maybe a 45 would do that IF someone was standing on the roof and popped a cap. Maybe.

John
  7. thomasray

thomasray Member

Re: Bullet through the roof in Washington

We had it happen last winter in our living room. A roofer came and found the hole and fixd it. After 2 days of rain. Some New Year Eve bullet. Dont shoot in the air.