Bullseye Single shot 22

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Billbagdaddy, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Billbagdaddy

Billbagdaddy New Member

We found an old 22lr single shot rifle in the rafters of an old house we bought. The barrel is very rusted, but after some light cleaning we can read "Bullseye" on the barrel and Belgium. It has an octoganal barrel and a hammer. Haven't been able to find anything out about this gun except it's not a Browning. Anybody have an idea what direction to look? I'm continuing to carefully clean it.
  2. ironsight65

ironsight65 New Member

Sorry I don't have any info on your rifle, but I just thougt
    that's an interesting find. I found an old Remington Nylon 66 in the
    attic of a house I moved into years ago. It was pretty beat up
    but functioned well.
  3. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi Billbagdaddy......welcome to TFF. :)

Could be almost anything. A great many inexpensive Belgian rifles, pistols, and shotguns were imported from the 1880's to the 1920's and sold by various wholesalers, catalog houses, and hardware stores.

Can you post some pictures of it? Full length, both right and left side, and a close up of the action, both open & closed....and give us all of the writing on it.

We probably won't be able to tell you the manufacturer, but we'll probably be able to give you the type of .22 action it has and some general information.