Bullseye vs. Power Pistol

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by The Count, Oct 6, 2010.

1. The Count

The Count New Member

May 29, 2010
    i reload my 9mm with bullseye and 38 spl & 45 LC with clays. just ordered a bottle of power pistol. both powders are from the same manufacturer/ how does it compare to bullseye? which one you guys find better for what?

thanks.

2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Heart Of Texas
    I have never used power pistol, but everything i read about it has it pegged as one of the most versatile pistol powders around. Ill try it someday, but for now, I have about 35 pounds of various other pistol powders to use up;)

3. The Count

The Count New Member

May 29, 2010

you will be my best buddy when the SHTF
    :D

4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Heart Of Texas
    Benefits of working part-time for a gunshop. I take the stuff I want out on a running tab and pay for it with gunwork:D its a pretty sweet setup;)

5. 312shooter

312shooter Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Las Vegas NV
    I really like power pistol in 9mm its the cleanest burning powder I have found yet. Also load it in 45, and great, clean results there as well. Requires a few more gr for a nominal load than bullseye which is a plus for catching double charges, and maximizing case volume with powder.

6. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

PP also seems to have a wide range from start to max which I like. I havnt tried power pistol yet but will soon.

7. Waldog

Waldog Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Power Pistol was designed specifically for the 9mm. It does have a pretty good muzzle flash which some people find objectionable. It is very clean burning.

8. The Count

The Count New Member

May 29, 2010
    you like muzzle flash? you should see my keltec plr 16 (a pistol that shoots 223) without a muzzle break! i call it 'my little friend'.....
    :D

9. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

Apr 28, 2008
    Kentucky
    jla.. when the shtf... look for me when you see me coming lol

10. dmh

dmh New Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Wyoming
    I'm looking to reload a lot of 9mm over the winter. I stopped by the only place that carries any sort of selection of reloading supplies here, and I swear they used to have power pistol. So I asked if they could order some, they said they would for $5 fee. This is ridiculous because they already charge way too much for powders there. $34 for 1lb of Varget , i paid $31 for BL-C2, etc. AGH! I think the Walmart here has some powders, I will have to check.

Anyway back on topic, I've been wondering about power pistol too and am convinced to try it :) I might order a metric crap tonne online and eat the hazmat fee. I figure a few pounds of pistol powder, cast lead bullets and a single stage press should keep me busy all winter

11. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Heart Of Texas
    Ill keep a lookout john;) Lets hope you ride to join forces, not oppose them.... Like clifton clowers, I have many spies in these woods...;)

12. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

Apr 28, 2008
    Kentucky
    i already got a wife though so it'll be to join forces

13. The Count

The Count New Member

May 29, 2010
    i hear you brother. the summer here in nc was brutal. a record 90 or so days with the temperature over 90 degrees. i was sweating buckets in my garage just reloading for an hour at a time.