BUMP FIRING??

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by warpig, Feb 24, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

CaliCollector
    (9/13/02 4:29:41 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All
    ezSupporter
    BUMP FIRING??
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ok now ive seen it on here in a couple posts, i beleive a few of you know how to do it, ive seen it on other posts, but how the heck do you get a shotgun(A-5) to fire that fast???ive tried relaxing my grip, trying to rock the trigger at the break point, cant seem to get it... anyone care to share the secret with me, PLEASE???? this is driving me nuts trying to figure out..... thanks for your reply, even if it turns out to be "we aint tellin'" Ray in California
    "Beware the man with only one gun, chances are he KNOWS how to use it."

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (9/13/02 8:00:48 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: BUMP FIRING??
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have done it with my A-5 and it is hard to do. You have to have the forward pressure on the forearms just right. I found that instead of holding the trigger back I just have my finger loose in the trigger guard after that first pull. The gun jumping around will make the trigger hit your finger. Seemed like when I was holding back on the trigger the backward forse of that hand would cancel out the forward force of the other one.

I really think it depends on the load also. As you know the A-5 is recoil operated and it requires a shoulder to be in place behind it to anchor the stock. If I shoot mine from the hip with a light trap load in it will not eject every time. If it is anchored against my shoulder it does. What happens is that the inertia that moves the action to cycle is wasted by moving the whole gun.

So use a heavy load and practice. I bump fired mine a few times at the sporting clay range and it was truly a sight to see. You had better hold on because they really jump around and the first time it works it will scare the bejesus out of you.

The owner of the sporting clay range still thinks I did something to it to make it a full auto You will get some attention with it.

Next time one of the Benelli boys pipes up and says the SBE is the fastest shotgun and can empty a magazine in 1.9 seconds compared to the Browning gold at 2.3 seconds (what a joke) just step up and bump fire that A-5 that was designed 100 years ago. You will send them Benelli boys packing. I did.

CaliCollector
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/14/02 9:01:30 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: BUMP FIRING??
    thank ya for the info WarPig... ill give that a try next time im at the range.. and ill have to remember an extra pair of trousers just in case..lol Ray in California

majormagnum
    (12/16/02 1:09:40 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del b
    (This message was left blank)

Edited by: majormagnum at: 1/1/03 11:31:08 pm

Ballistic
    (12/17/02 7:13:30 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del WTF?
    what is bumpfiring? and what is A-5?

Go Get Beer
    (12/17/02 8:20:38 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: WTF?
    www.classicfirearms.co.uk/a5sale.html - Browning A5, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited so it shows right.

Edited by: Go Get Beer at: 12/17/02 8:49:13 am

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/17/02 8:30:29 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: WTF?
    Yep.....that's the one, GGB.

THE classic auto shotgun of all time.

Ballistic
    (12/17/02 8:56:25 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del So what is bumpfiring?
    So what is bumpfiring?

Go Get Beer
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/17/02 9:19:04 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: So what is bumpfiring?
    I'm way out of my depth here, but I'll try.
    It's a technique in shooting which enables you to have a rate of fire close to full auto fire. Your gun fires a shot every time the trigger passes a certain point. As I understand it, if you keep your finger on the trigger, but not strong enough for it to be pressed all the way back, the recoil will push the gun far enough for it to release the trigger and once you regain your grip, the trigger will get squeezed again.

Edited by: Go Get Beer at: 12/17/02 9:25:03 am

Ballistic
    (12/17/02 9:28:44 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Thank You Beer!
    i shall buy you and i each a beer, damn i forgot im only 17 lmao!

Go Get Beer
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/17/02 9:40:19 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Thank You Beer!
    I'd wait until confirmation from someone who actually did bump firing or has seen it done arrives. Everything I post here is hearsay, since I'm not allowed to posess a firearm.

I don't think beer takes air mail well. I'll remember to drink to your health and well-being on the next occasion.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/17/02 11:57:17 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Thank You Beer!
    I have done it and it is a blast. Danged close to the most fun you can have, unless you got a full auto and get ta shoot it nekkid.

I have bump fired my M1A and my A5.

simply put, you push forward on the forearms of the gun and pull the trigger. Keep pushing forward and as soon as your forward force overcomes the recoil it will cause your finger to push the trigger again.

Seems like my trigger finger is actually bouncing around in the trigger guard. when the gun fires the finger hits the front of the guard and the forward force mashes it back into the trigger. I stick my whole finger through, not just the tip like for normal shooting. It takes some practice and the A5 is a hard one to bump fire as the gun has to be anchored good for the action to cycle.
    In 49 states ignorance is a crime. In the other one it is bliss.

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/17/02 12:58:03 pm)
    I'm betting accuracy sucks.
    Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!

Tac401
    Administrator
    (12/17/02 7:27:56 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Actually, one can learn to have some accuracy with
    bump firing, depending on caliber.

Tac
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/19/02 2:11:04 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    It can definitely be done with a certain amount of accuracy...at least with an AK. Besides, the need for extreme accuracy is lessened as the pure sound of that many big BOOMS that fast tend to, shall we say, engender RBM in the intended target!!!!
    "A .45 for every man woman, and child if I am elected President. Two for every good looking woman!!!"

Paid for by the Xracer and Boom-atic for Federal Office Campaign

Ballistic
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/19/02 2:25:13 pm)
    RBM?

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/19/02 5:36:53 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Rapid Bowel Movements
    In 49 states ignorance is a crime. In the other one it is bliss.

Ballistic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/2/03 10:21:51 pm)
    lmao nice

CaliCollector
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/6/03 3:43:30 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    i still aint had a chance to try that Bump-Fire out YET!!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH but im glad that others seem to have learnt from me ignorance... thanks again Warpig and everyone else who contributed to this.... nice to see it went as long as it did.. any other guns that can be bump-fired? from the additional info, it looks like darn near any semi can do it, with some practice.... Ray plannin on getting his gun looked over REAL close by the law next tripto the range in California...