Burglary offender calls 911 - homeowner has a gun !

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cheesewiz, Dec 6, 2012.

1. cheesewiz

cheesewiz Member

Texas burglary suspect calls 911 on homeowner with gun
    Dec 06, 2012

A Texas burglary suspect dialed 911 early Tuesday morning to *report that an armed homeowner was threatening to shoot him, MyFoxDFW.com reported.

James Gerow, the homeowner, told the station that he awoke and discovered a man wearing a dark hoodie inside his Springtown, Texas home. Springtown is a small city Northwest of Fort Worth.

Gerow grabbed his gun and followed the man out to a truck in his driveway.

With gun in hand, Gerow convinced the man to drop his keys. He told his wife to call 911 and waited for deputies to arrive.

"I pointed the gun at him and asked him who he is and what the hell he was doing in my house," Gerow said. "He said his name was Lance, and I said, 'Lance, what the hell are you doing in my house?'

"And he said, 'unlucky.' Just unlucky."

Parker County Sheriff Larry Fowler said the suspect, later identified as 41-year-old Christopher Lance Moore, also called for help while sitting in his pickup truck.

"I'm out in the country somewhere and some guy's got a gun on me," he said on the call.

When deputies arrived they arrested Moore for burglary of habitation, a second-degree felony.

Gerow said while investigators questioned the suspect, Moore admitted he had "bad intentions."

"I gave him a chance," Gerow said. "Had he said he had bad intentions before that, he wouldn't have got his second chance. That's a different ballgame. You threaten me and my family, that's a different ballgame."
  2. Sig Willy

Sig Willy Member

DUH! :rolleyes:

:lmao2:
  3. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member

Moore is lucky to still be breathing...............
  4. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

Burglar calls 911 while homeowner holds gun on him.

This happened hot to far from where I live. Burglars should know better than to break into a rural home in this great state. This burglar should be counting his blessings. The best part is that the homeowner's son had his own gun pointed at the burglar, and in the news video he looked to be 12 or 13 years old.

A suspected burglar called 911 after the owner of the home he broke into caught and held him at gunpoint.
    The suspect, Christopher Moore, placed the emergency call in Springtown, Texas, during the botched burglary attempt early Tuesday after James Gerow, the homeowner, and Gerow's son pointed guns at him as he sat in his pickup truck parked in the driveway.
    "I'm out in the country somewhere," Moore told the 911 operator during the 10-minute call. "Some guy's got a gun on me."
    Gerow's wife, Lindy, placed a concurrent call to 911 that confirmed Moore's account.
    "You better come quick," she said, "or my husband's going to shoot him."
    "If he gets out of the truck, shoot him in the legs," James Gerow told his son, according to the Dallas Morning News Crime Blog. "You ain't gotta kill him—just shoot him in the legs, son."
    When police arrived, both Moore and Lindy Gerow were still talking to 911 dispatchers.
    According to CBS' Dallas-Fort Worth affiliate, Moore was arrested and charged with burglary. He's currently being held on a $35,000 bond.
  5. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
  6. time2shoot

time2shoot Active Member

Sig and Jed. you guys said it best.:thud::fart::lmao2:
  7. flboots

flboots Member

Just about the same thing happen down here in Florida. Several years ago a drug dealer in St. Augustine called 911 to report he got robbed. He told the police that a guy gave him a counterfeit $10 for drugs. The dealer wanted the guy arrested. Dumb dumb
  8. MSGT-R

MSGT-R Active Member

If this had happened in CA, the homeowner would have been arrested too; the guy was outside. You have to catch him and keep him IN the house.
  9. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

:)In Chicago they would have let robber go. They would have arrested the homeowner.
  10. fordtrucksforever

fordtrucksforever New Member

Yea, completely unfair if burglar doesnt have a gun to protect himself. Sounds like excessive force and duress being forced on him. Definitely charge the homeowner. Also put their kid in foster home so he can be in a much safer environment away from dangerous influence and weapons.