BUSH CONFIDENT HIS IMMIGRATION BILL WILL PASS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HiSpeed, Jun 11, 2007.

1. HiSpeed

HiSpeed New Member

Bush is a lame duck president. The senators need to be informed they will become part of the lame duck flock also if they vote for a guest program or amnesty program for illegal aliens. Keep the pressure on Bush's minions! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Bush confident US immigration bill will pass

Jun 11 09:07 AM US/Eastern

US President George W. Bush was confident Monday that the most sweeping overhaul of US immigration laws in two decades will ultimately clear Congress once he gets home from his European tour.
    Speaking in Bulgaria's capital Sofia, Bush acknowledged disappointment that the legislation -- aimed at bringing 12 million illegal immigrants out of the shadows -- collapsed Thursday in the Democratic-controlled Congress.

"Listen, the immigration debate is a tough debate. I'm under no illusions about how hard it is," he told a news conference.

"There are people in my (Republican) party that don't want a comprehensive bill. There are people in the Democrat Party that don't seem to want a comprehensive bill."

But he said that he would, upon his return to Washington, get in touch with leading Democrats and Republicans who do support the legislation to get it firmly back on track.

"I'll be going to the Senate to talk about a way forward on the piece of legislation," he said.

"I'm going to work with those who are focused on getting an immigration bill done and start taking some steps forward again. I believe we can get it done. I'll see you at the bill signing."

Harry Reid, the Democratic leader of the Senate, withdrew the bill Thursday after senators, seeking to add amendments, voted twice within nine hours not to move it towards a final vote as he had demanded.

Billed as a "grand bargain," the proposed law would grant a path to legal status for undocumented immigrants, establishing a merit-based points system for future immigrants, and create a low-wage temporary worker program.

It also envisions a border security crackdown, punishment for employers who hire illegal immigrants and an attempt to wipe out a backlog of visa applications from those who have gone through legal channels.

Bush, who has made immigration reform a top priority of his second presidential term, is due to attend a Senate Republican policy lunch on Tuesday following his trip to Europe.
  2. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

I'm going to shove it down your throat, whether you like it or not. :mad:
  3. clmanges

clmanges New Member

Bush's confidence only matters in La-La Land, where he lives. I doubt if anything will get passed. For my two cents, I keep wondering why nobody is bothering to simply enforce the immigration laws we already have.
  4. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

He says, "Trust me. If you pass this bill, we WILL enforce....."

Sure they will. How can anyone trust when for six and a half years there has been NOTHING done to enforce the laws we already have....

No further comment as I am getting heated and can't afford to make SoMo a widow.....

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
  5. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

My thoughts exactly
  6. Don Buckbee

Don Buckbee New Member

+2

Don
  7. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Seems as if our prez is ready for a visit from the men in the white coats......or he really is an idiot.
  8. gaowlpoop

gaowlpoop New Member

I think he has gone round the bend. I sent off 3 faxes this morning to my senators and representative.