BUSH SELLS LOUISIANA BACK TO THE FRENCH

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 22WRF, Sep 17, 2005.

1. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

BATON ROUGE, LA. - The WhiteHouse announced today that President Bush has successfully sold the state of Louisiana back to the French at more than double its original selling price of $11,250,000.

"This is a bold step forward for America,"said Bush. "And America will be stronger and better as a result. I stand here today in unity with French Prime Minister Jack Chiraq, who was so kind to accept my offer of Louisianain exchange for 25 million dollars cash."

The state, ravaged by Hurricane Katrina, will cost hundreds of billions of dollars to rebuild.

"Jack understands fullwell that this one's a 'fixer upper'," said Bush. "He and the French people are quite prepared to pump out all that water, and make Louisianaa decent place to live again. And they've got a lot of work to do. But Jack's assured me, if it's not right, they're going to fix it."

The move has been met within credulity from the already beleaguered residents of Louisiana.

"Shuba-pie!" said New Orleans resident Willis Babineaux. "Frafer-perlyyom kom drabby sham!"

However, President Bush's decision has been widely lauded by Republicans.

"This is an unexpected but brilliant move by the President," said Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist."Instead of spending billions and billions, and billions of dollars rebuilding the state of Louisiana,we?ve just made 25 million dollars in pure profit."

"This is indeed a smart move," commented Fox News analyst Brit Hume. "Not only have we stopped the flooding in our own budget, we've made money on the deal. Plus,when the god-awful French are done fixing it up, we can easily invade and take it back again."

The money gained from 'The Louisiana Refund' is expected to be immediately pumped back into the rebuilding of Iraq.
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2005
  2. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

Do the people from NO go with it?
  3. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

4. mtnboomer

mtnboomer New Member

Oklahoma by birth. America by the grace of God.
    Well, the French should love it. I heard that right now NO smells like Paris in the summertime! :D
  5. glocknut

glocknut New Member

The people from n.o. are French... and they are open to anything anyways... so probably yes. :rolleyes:

mike
    gn
  6. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

:D :D

Only problem with this is that if a bunch more French move there and the wind shifts we will all get a whiff of French hygiene. :rolleyes:
  7. strayshot

strayshot New Member

So..now we have to take the long way around when flying from Houston to Atlanta? :confused:
  8. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat New Member

That is better than my idea, I figured we'd be looking through the US Archives for the receipt myself.....
  9. coonass

coonass New Member

10. Carl S

Carl S New Member

11. mpdc3870

mpdc3870 New Member

"Shuba-pie!" said New Orleans resident Willis Babineaux. "Frafer-perlyyom kom drabby sham!"

HHAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Couldn't a said it better myself.
  12. strayshot

strayshot New Member