1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Bushmaster .308 O.R.C.

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by Gene Seward, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Gene Seward

Gene Seward Member

Has anyone seen one of the new 308 Bushmaster Optics Ready Carbines yet? I have a DPMS, but may have to have a 16" carbine stock .308 from Bushmaster that is supposed to come in about 2lbs. lighter, but with just a birdcage flash hider.
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  2. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Gene an option is to just buy a new upper for the dpms. I have been thinking about that. Took my lr308 into a box blind this year and it is bulky in there. I enjoy the rifle but it is massive. Slimmer and lighter would help in a tight spot that is for sure.
  3. Gene Seward

Gene Seward Member

I have the LR-308 L and love it, but if my back ever gets better enough to shoot three gun it would be nice to shoot heavy metal. I have a Bushmaster 16" that I made into a ORC in .223 before they came out at the factory with an EOTECH 512 that I use up close in close woods. I guess I am just looking for another reason to buy another gun. LOL Going to the woods right now to shoot my new Savage 22-250.
  4. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

So Bushmaster finally decided to make a .308. It is about dang time they got with the program. I have an LR308, and I am considering buying a 260 Rem or 300wssm upper to give the lower some variety. The lower gets bored hanging out with the same upper all the time, so how could I say no.