Bushmaster Barrel length

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by warpig, Mar 18, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

Investig8tor
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/18/01 6:01:22 am)
    Reply | Del All Bushmaster Barrel length
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Assume you were going to buy a new Bushmaster and you were going to use it for target shooting and woodchucks. What barrel lenght would you choose and why?

Results (total votes = 49):
    16" shorty 6 / 12.2%

20" 24 / 49.0%

22" 7 / 14.3%

24" 11 / 22.4%

Other 1 / 2.0%

TYRVR
    (7/18/01 5:08:36 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Bushmaster Barrel length
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I would prefer the 20" Bbl. as the sight radius of A 24 is negated with scope, and the velocity gain is negligble,and the 20" heavy Bbl. seems to balance better between hands, for carrying and offhand stage in High Power Comp.
    If Heaven ain't got A loading bench.....I'm going to Hell,

shooter45 us
    *Senior Chief Moderator*
    (7/21/01 12:10:23 am)
    The 20" barrel is a good choice. Using a 16" barrel limits your shots to about 300 yds. I don't think the 24" barrel is allowed in NRA Service Rifle Competition. So get the 20" .Btw, Bushmaster is a good choice.

wsmc667
    (10/10/02 1:51:23 am)
    upper w/ 16" barrel fits in average backpacks... imho, massively portable. i'd love to find somewhere in p.r.k. to shoot more than 300 yards to test that out.

:cool: chris in sandy eggo.

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (10/10/02 4:43:23 am)
    ElCajon.

wsmc667
    (10/13/02 6:27:58 pm)
    el cajon? seriously?

while i do have a white van, it's not a box van...

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (10/18/02 7:01:59 am)
    There was a range there in the mid 1970's. Could be gone now. I'll bet San Diego has a gun club or two with a nice range.

Ballistic
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/19/02 2:28:54 pm)
    whats IMHO and what is P.R.K?

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (12/24/02 2:12:48 pm)
    IMHO = In my honest opinion.

PRK = Peoples Republic of California.

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/24/02 4:16:26 pm)
    Peoples Republic Of Californication..........

rayra
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/17/03 5:37:17 am)

Quote:

There was a range there in the mid 1970's. Could be gone now. I'll bet San Diego has a gun club or two with a nice range.

I'm checking into it. Lived down there a few times, before during and after my Marine service.
    As of 10yrs ago, nothing but crap. A little dumpy indoor range on I (J?) by MCRD / Gen'l Dynamics, and a nicer indoor range way up in the Northeast County.

Back in a bit with the scoop, after I here back from my "Man in Amsterdam".

Rich

<< Prev Topic | Next Topic >>