Bushmaster Carbon 15 M4

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by small block, Jul 23, 2010.

1. small block

small block New Member

Has anyone had any experiences with the carbon receivers.... good or bad?
  2. oneshot onekill

oneshot onekill New Member

No personal experience except to hold some at gun shows and gun shops. They feel like a toy. I wouldn't own one but I'm a little "old-school". I don't like Glocks either.
  3. small block

small block New Member

No Glocks for me either, just Kimbers and Brownings. For some reason I don't feel that way about the Carbon 15. Maybe my wimpy arms at 67 years old. If I have to head for the hills I could move a little faster.
  4. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Haven't shot one but have had one apart. Can't really complain to much about it though I'm not a huge fan of plastic but its metal in all the right parts I guess. Look at the Styr Aug and the MSAR, there all plastic except the bolt and barrel and trigger bar and they are good shooters and been around for a while.
  5. 6x6pinz

6x6pinz New Member

I don't have the bushmaster version but have the Sabre Defense carbon lower version and it is great. I only have 5360 rounds through it to date. The only issue was the magazine release broke (which is a metal part) in the first 100 rounds
  6. small block

small block New Member

Thanks Helix FR and 6x6pinz. Will follow up on your thoughts and ideas. My main interes in carbon 15 is the weight savings. I'm kind of an old guy and not as strong as I used to be.
  7. small block

small block New Member

After more consideration and research I have decided on a S&W M&P15 MOA in 5.56mm. Thanks for the help guys