Bushmaster Problem

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by bflem55, Oct 13, 2004.

1. bflem55

bflem55 New Member

Just had a question or two I have an A2 bushmaster and with my 30 round magazine it will not feed bullets sometimes but with my 10 round magazine it will feed everyone of them is there something wrong with the magazine?? is there some way I can tell if its bad? or is something wrong with my gun?
  2. HappyNanoq

HappyNanoq New Member

Lives in the northern Jutland, which is where I gr
    Try holding them side by side, against eachoder.

Are the lips of equal length??
    How are the lips bent, any difference in the curves of the lips??
    Is there any difference in the width between the lips??

How far can the magazine extend into the magazine well??

Do both magazines fit the same way when they click into the rifle or do one of them sit a little tighter than the other.

If there is a slight difference, does the "loose" one drop down a little bit - so the bolt might not reach the bullet when it sits a special way.
    Keep in mind you have to pull the magazine a little bit and remember the magazine is a heavy object loaded to full capacity and recoil do shift that weight around a bit in the mag-well.

These are things I've seen in regular rifles that could cause trouble with certain magazines.
  3. offeror

offeror New Member

I would say it has to be the magazine, not the gun. Hope you didn't buy the cheap knockoffs. I try to find only mil surp mags for my OA. If I have a mag that doesn't work, I replace it.
  4. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

Agree with the above.....99% a magazine problem. Some magazines will simply not work in BushMaster rifles....ie. Some/most of the composite ones and a few of the metal ones as well. Buy mil-spec.

LTS