But arn't they still bad guys?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 22WRF, May 3, 2008.

1. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

......or a least want a be's?

By LUCAS L. JOHNSON II

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Concerns that realistic-looking toy weapons are confusing police and threatening safety have led 15 states to try going beyond gun control and cracking down on fake firearms.

Officer Micheal Hoover knows a fair amount about guns as a sniper instructor for a Tennessee SWAT team. He recalls the night two years ago when a car pulled up beside him on a highway and the passenger waved what looked like an Uzi.

"It scared me," he said. "If anyone is in their right mind, I don't see how it wouldn't."

Hoover was off duty and called for police help. A 20-year-old man was charged with aggravated assault after police found a black plastic Uzi submachine gun under the car's passenger seat, but he was acquitted because jurors felt the officer should have been able to tell it was only a toy.

Lawmakers across the country are coming to a different conclusion, deciding that it is so hard to differentiate the toys from the fakes that public safety demands they take action.

Among those 15 states, seven bills limiting fake guns are pending this year and 21 have been enacted since 1990, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures. Some states have enacted or are considering multiple measures. They range from prohibiting imitation firearms in vehicles to banning the toys from convenience stores.

http://apnews.myway.com//article/20080503/D90EAI881.html
  2. Rommelvon

Rommelvon New Member

In this day and age, some toy guns look so real you cannot tel them from a real gun until you hold it, to me, if a person points a replica gun at me and threatens me with it, I'm going to put 2 through the heart, and one through the head...and i don't blame LEO's one bit for doing the same
  3. Mjolnir

Mjolnir New Member

Yesterday a police officer who frequents the store I work at came in and the subject came up of what rights a store owner has to defend his store. The officer said if someone is armed or presenting that they are armed you have the right to respond with the use of a firearm. He said specifically that it did not have to end up being a real weapon.
  4. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

The perps intentions are the same real weapon or not.
    I see no problem taking then out.

But I not a Lawyer. I can see the unarmed innocent vic defense come into play:eek:
  5. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

I thought it was common knowledge if you are unarmed you are inherently an innocent victim? :D
  6. artabr

artabr New Member

If the intention is the same, the response should be the same.
    A thug is a thug. One less is a benefit to the gene pool.

Art
  7. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

Re: sex comic story hardcore sex show sex story about draco malfoy

Nothing like hardcore sex comics about Draco Malfoy to get you going. :D

That is quite the spam advert.
  8. PPK 32

PPK 32 Active Member

I really don't think it is a reasonable expectation for someone to say "is this plastic or real" while a gun is being pointed at ya. Hopefully if ever faced with that situation, maybe while the body is getting hauled away, that would be considered a reasonable question to ask, but not before.