Butt stock problems

Discussion in 'The Pre-Ban Forum' started by sorral, Jan 4, 2010.

1. sorral

sorral New Member

I just got my collapsible stock I ordered for my AR build from Cheaper Than Dirt. The buffer that was included was the wrong size and will not fit in the buffer tube. I contacted them, asked them to send me another buffer, but they wont. I have to wait for them to send me a return address label, send it back and wait for another one!

I will never order from them again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :mad::mad::mad::mad:
  2. cakes

cakes New Member

I'm not a fan of CTD, but at least it looks like they are trying to fix the problem.
  3. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

sorral , though i'm also not a fan of cheaper than dirt why would you think they'd send you another stock going on just your word the first one didn't fit. they are going or at least claim they are going to send you a replacement once they have the returned item in their hands. that's the way business is done. how many less than honest people have made the same claim and received the second item and failed to return the first. they have your money you have their stock.... fair trade. why would you think they'd allow you to have two for the price of one they don't know you from a load of hay why trust you . now don't get me wrong i'm sure your intentions are 100% homorable but does a business know this ?
  4. sorral

sorral New Member

I ended up just contancting Leapers (UTG, the manufacturer). They told me it was a problem with the buffer tube, some had been machined wrong. They promptly sent me out a replacement tube. :D.
  5. sorral

sorral New Member

Dude. There are better ways of handling return problems.. I have had to return to other stores that will ship the replacement as soon as they have the UPS tracking number. That way they know the box is coming back then ship out the replacement. This would have been a better option, but Cheaper Than Dirt would not handle it that way! This is why they pissed me off, and I will NEVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN. I will tell everyone I meet, to not order from them, I will post it on every board I can to NOT ORDER FROM THEM. :mad:

Get the picture?
  6. Suwannee Tim

Suwannee Tim New Member

Lots of companies will "cross ship" that is ship you a replacement immediately while you return the defect. Most want a credit card number. I don't deal with bottom feeders like CTD. I like the service I get from people like Midway and Natchez. When I have a rare problem and I call, it gets fixed. Period. .
  7. sorral

sorral New Member

I honestly wish I had ordered from Midway USA. I honestly think that if I had, my carbine would be up and running last week. I guess that is what I get fro trying to save $30! :(

I do have all the parts I need now, and will assemble the rifle this weekend. I am still worried that I may have left something off my parts list and will not be able to test fire it. I will keep my fingers crossed.
  8. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

All buffers are the same diameter...or should be. The tubes are either commercial or mil spec but both use the same buffers.

CTD and UTG are both bad choices. When it comes to AR's it's best to stay with parts made in the US rather than china. But for some reason I make people mad when I say that. Cheap/chinese is fine for shoes and shirts from walmart but not for parts that make a gun operate. If that offends anyone...I'm sorry.;)
  9. sorral

sorral New Member

I got everything delivered, and finally got my carbine built. I put 40 rounds through it (it was raining, so just made sure all was working well in slow fire and rapid fire). I can not wait for some time and weather to shoot more.
    :D:D:D:D:D:D
  10. wpage

wpage New Member

Congrats. Alls well that ends well.
  11. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

+1 one that!