Butter Finger Cookie Recipe

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by dianalv, Mar 7, 2010.

1. dianalv

dianalv New Member

Butter Finger Cookies

2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp salt
    1/2 cup real salted butter, softened
    1/2 cup light margerine, softened. (I use Parkay Light, usually)
    1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar (or 1 cup packed brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar if you prefer).
    1 tsp vanilla
    2 large eggs
    1 to 2 cups crunched Butter Finger candy bars, depending on taste. I prefer less, most people prefer more.
    I cup chopped pecans (optional)

Crunch up Butter Finger candy bars with handle of large knife while still in wrappers. Empty into measuring cup.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy and light in color. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in Butter Finger pieces and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 9 minutes or until just starting to brown on edges and set in middle. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.

Enjoy!
  2. blackcat_attilio

blackcat_attilio Member

My sweetie will try! ....I cannot wait! :p :p :p
  3. dianalv

dianalv New Member

Can you get Butter Fingers in Italy?
  4. blackcat_attilio

blackcat_attilio Member

Maybe we call them with a different name. Anyways cakes and biscuits and similar cooked/baked at home are always special!
  5. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

OMG, these are SO good!!! Thanks Diana!!
  6. dianalv

dianalv New Member

I just pulled my last batch out of the oven. I made them to send my dad with his mail while he's working in El Paso, TX. He needs goodies for his lunches. He's working a lot of overtime down there. Long days and weekends.

So you made some, Piney? I added 1/2 cup of semi-sweet mini chocolate chips to them this time, and a lot of pecans.

Attilio, if you don't have Butter Finger candy bars available in Italy, let me know and I'll mail you some so your sweetie can make the cookies.
  7. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Yes, a good sized batch. I only had butter in the house, but that works. Next time I'll put chocolate chips in too, to make them more chocolatey. :D
  8. blackcat_attilio

blackcat_attilio Member

Hi Diana! You're very kind! Let me say, before to mail is it possible see a pic/figure about the shape? I said, maybe we have but we call different. Many thanks.
  9. dianalv

dianalv New Member

http://www.butterfinger.com/

Here you go, Attilio. That's what a Butter Finger wrapper looks like. Made by Nestle.

Piney, I usually use half butter and half margerine because I find it gives the cookies a better texture. More chewy than with butter alone. Butter gives a much better flavor than margerine, so I do half and half.
  10. blackcat_attilio

blackcat_attilio Member

Thanks! :)

Interesting, I'll tell to my wife before she begins. ;)
  11. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

This batch turned out just lovely with butter, I took them out of the oven when the centers were still a bit soft. They are divine! Everyone likes them and they all think I am some sort of pastry chef, heh. I've been giving you the credit!
  12. blackcat_attilio

blackcat_attilio Member

That's also interesting. ;)
  13. dianalv

dianalv New Member

Credit goes to my grandmother. It was her recipe, with a few alterations of my own. Lots of times they couldn't get real chocolate chips when she was a kid, so they used candy bars. I've got another lovely recipe of hers where she made chocolate cookies with walnuts and melted a square of Hershey's chocolate bar on top.

She occasionally made peanut butter cookies with Butter Fingers crunched up in them. Those are excellent too. Ah, how I miss her! We had a lot of fun times in the kitchen making cookies and pies and whatever struck our fancy. I'm still trying to recreate her porkchops in tomato sauce. Just can't seem to get it right.

I always pull my cookies out of the oven while still a bit soft in the middle. I use one of those air cookie sheets too. Chewy cookies rule.

Oatmeal cookies next time. Love oatmeal cookies with mini chocolate chips in them.
  14. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Oh I miss my grandmothers terribly too! A lot of recipes were lost, or my aunts have them from their mother, but I have my other grandmother's recipe box. One time, my mom and her mom cornered me and made me learn to make pie. Heh.

The best oatmeal cookie recipe I ever had is in the old version of Joy of Cooking. They are a lot like Mrs. Field's cookies at shopping malls. LOL!! They never fail to impress.
  15. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Thanks Diana, this sounds really good!

Crpdeth