Buying a M95 Steyr

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by fisher77, Jul 8, 2009.

1. fisher77

fisher77 New Member

I found a steyr m95 at at big5 sporting goods store. It is in great shape. They want a $100.00 for it. I have been doing some research on the internet and found out the ammo is hard to get. I found a local gun shop that can order new production ammo from hornady. The drawback is it is $26.99 a box for 20 rounds. Thought I might be able to reload after I collected the brass or bought some. What is your opinion of the weapon? How do they shoot? Is that a good price for this rifle? Anybody have any experiance reloading for this? I am new to collecting C&R firearms, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  2. gandog56

gandog56 Member

Mine shoots great. But it has never shot a single round of the old corrosive milsurp that is still around. (At least since I've owned it!) I actually had some rounds already reloaded before I even received the rifle. I got my brass and bullets from Graf And Sons. The Old Western Scrounger also has some ammo and some reloading bullets for this caliber, too.
  3. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

fisher - if you have a C&R FFL, you can get a Hungarian or Austrian M95 for about $70 + shipping at Century International. If you do not have a C&R, then I would say that $100 is a fair price.