Buying ammo

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by time2shoot, Apr 13, 2012.

1. sargedog

sargedog New Member

The last time I bought ammo at Wally World she asked what gun, without cracking a smile I replied Red Ryder. She didn't have a clue?
  2. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
  3. Appliancedude

Appliancedude Well-Known Member

The ones that ask for zip code are just trying to gauge their demographics on where to put their advertizing dollars.
  4. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    I've been asked that question a couple of times, and my response has always been "Neither." and left it at that.
  5. time2shoot

time2shoot Well-Known Member

It dosent make me mad. It's just that i'm way over 21.
    and it's obvies
  6. Little Rooster

Little Rooster New Member

So if I want to buy beer wine or other alcohol, I shouldn't have to show ID either? What about the laws that can fine the UNDER PAID store clerk in the Walmart for not asking? I suppose that's has no useful purpose either. Yes if you look like you rode a dinasour to school then they shouldn't ask, most do what the computer programed cash register ask them. Mostly in fear of losing their under paid jobs. They really don't want to hear the customers complaints and additude for minumun wage. Christ sakes if they didn't have the cheap "White box" ammo at your local Wally World most of you complain that it was a conspiracy to deprive you of your god fearing rights. Not for being out of stock, because your running around hording boxes in fear. Talk about dumbing down the masses.

Lots of stores ask for Zip Codes.. you don't have to give it. Hell your saving a tree if you don't. Then when you don't they usually add the one to the store address. It's for sending out advertising. It's not like they want to send a secret agent to live with you.

I suppose we can look back and blame OBama for all this. Not Columbine or other shootings.

Live with it
  7. hunter29180

hunter29180 Well-Known Member

hey YOU try to guess the age of many people out there..bet you are off by quite a bunch!!!:eek:
  8. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

Same for spray paint, cold medications, some automotive products in aerosol form, some videos and video games, the question pops up and they ask it or in most cases look at me and punch in the answer. Never had the guys back in sporting goods ask me about the handgun/rifle though. Guess they just know what it's for and punch something in, I only buy 9mm, .40 and recently mostly 7.62x39 there, I can get my .22 ammo elsewhere cheaper.
  9. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The only time I have bought ammo was I bought some Zombie ammo so when the Zombie's come I will have the right ammo for the job (really it is just for my gun room for looks) and when I buy .22's. I did not realize they ask those questions when you purchase ammo because where I buy my .22's and my reloading supplies they just automatically know me.

If some were to ask me that before I read this thread I would have been purplexed,,, but nice. Now if they ask me, I will just be nice because those poor cashiers have it tough enough dealing with the public.
  10. Appliancedude

Appliancedude Well-Known Member

I want to buy some Zombie ammo too. But they don't have it in 357 or 270. Oh well I'm guess I'll just have to make do with lead;)