1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Buying Rifles Online?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2nd Amendment, Jun 23, 2012.

1. 2nd Amendment

2nd Amendment New Member

I am totally new to this business (firearms). I have looked into all the laws and regulations, and I am allowed to purchase long guns. So as I am trying to figure what to buy, I stumbled upon online sellers.

Now I could not find any legal code regarding purchasing a firearms online. How does this usually work? Any trusted sites you know?

Thanks for your response in advance.
  2. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

I have used Bud's once. You basically pay them for the firearm. They send it to a local FFL (of your choosing). You go to the FFL and pay a transfer fee (varies on the FFL, sometimes as low as $15, sometimes as high as $50).... they do the background......... and that's about it.
  3. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

I bought a Saiga from Classic Arms. Had my FFL fax them a copy of their license the day before ordering. Ordered and paid for the rifle. Waited for it to arrive at my FFL. Paid him $25 for a "facilitated transfer'' which included the 4473. If you buy from Bud's, they have a list of FFL's who have already placed their license on file with them. Some of them, usually highlighted at the top of the list, have agreed to take any and all shipments from Buds, you don't even have to contact those particular dealers, just order, pay, when it arrives, fill out the 4473 and as long as you pass, pay their transfer fee and take your new purchase home. Other than that, you can find an area FFL and ask them regarding transfers.
  4. bamajoey

bamajoey Well-Known Member

Whittakers in Owensboro Ky. is good to work with, as well as Buds. I've bought from both with no problems:thumbsup:
  5. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

i buy mainly off *********.. sometimes gunsamerica or auction arms.

most stuff I buy is 03 C&R so I can get it direct.. the rest that needs an 01 I just have it sent to my xfer deale rlocally... no big deal..
  6. 2nd Amendment

2nd Amendment New Member

Thanks all for the reply and thanks to mogunner with that detail.

One last question guys: Do you HAVE to be a U.S. citizen for 4473 form? According to the Michigan law, any residents that are not citizens can still purchase long guns (not handguns).

I guess I will call up the closest FFL and inquire him about the background check and etc. This will be my first purchase by the way.
  7. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

there are questions on a 4473 that ask about resident and citizen status.. past that.. I'd talk to an 01