By Request....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by glocknut, Jul 22, 2012.

1. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Several people have sent me emails requesting an update on what's going on...so here it is.

Update 7/22/2012

The job is not going so well. It turns out that my boss is bipolar and refusing to take his meds. He has been on a nonsensical rampage now for at least a month and a half. I hate the SOB.... But i am still hanging in there. The money is good enough to hang arround for a little while longer but i sure as heck no longer view it as the "final job" of my lifetime.
    Also...i am more than a little irriated with all the new guys they have hired lately. They're young...and STUPID! They seem to think that if you loan them a tool JUST ONCE...that it somehow is permission for them to rummage thru my toolbox anytime they ever need that tool again. And they NEVER return things they borrow...I allways have to go track it down when i need the tool. I have started locking my toolbox every time i go anywhere....even to the can!
    Oh yeah... if i have to repaint anything...i have learned not to put a "wet paint" sign on it. Its just like a red flag to a bull.... The last metal cabinet that i had to repaint...someone left a "BUTT PRINT" on the darn thing....soooo i had to repaint it yet again and then got chewed out for taking to long to finish it. Alot of these guys are just freaking children in adult bodies.... No respect and no common sense. One guy thought it would be funny to take a forklift and hide my toolbox on a top shelf out in the overstock warehouse. I got him back by glueing about 8 cans of Vagisil to his desk, work cart and tool box along with putting on all kinds of little girl type of glittery stickers all over his stuff as well. He has not messed with me since. Ya don't mess with Uncle Fester....
    Yeah, thats what they call me....Uncle Fester.

The car is running really good. I haven't bought any guns in a long time. I have been thinking about a Ruger 10/22 or a Kimber... but i have not found the motivation to actually spend the money on either yet. I am keeping my expenses on the light side so i have money saved up to deal with whatever might come along... like telling the boss to Shove it or something along that lines.

That's about all that is new. The job sucks, the car is running good and i am tired of this summer heat.

mike
    glocknut
    aka uncle fester
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  2. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Don't quit this job GN unless you already have a new one. Times are tough out there as you well know.

Thanks for the update. Your posts from a number of years ago were hilarious at times.
  3. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

Save whatever $$$ you can! When I was working in the mechanic section rebuilding the diesel turbines for the Abrams tanks, one of our standard "get back at someone" was to liberally apply anti-seize to the underside of the handles on their toolbox, that stuff is wicked hard to remove from your hands, and a nice big glob just inside the cuff of a jacket makes one hell of a mess too...
  4. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Good to hear the update GN and hang in there with the job as tough as it may be.
    Times are tough and going to get a heck of alot rougher, IMO.
  5. skullfr

skullfr New Member

yeah I know all about the tool thing.I am really anal when it comes to tools.If it aint put back where it belongs it aint put back.The anti-seize is a good one and welding thier drawers shut works too.
  6. geds

geds New Member

Hope things get better GN! I always liked the add a little grit to the tracks of their tools drawer - do it just a little at a time so they get used to the increased tension. Then grease the drawer and watch 'em dump it in the floor a few times! :D
  7. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Hey Mike, good to hear from you. Hang in there with the job. Maybe the boss will start taking his meds and things will get better.
  8. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

Hey glockNut I am glad that you are still around. I hope that your job improves or that you will find a better one.
  9. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

can ya slip his meds in his coffee?

I used to work with a total jerk. I can put up with quite a bit but this guy was over the top. my boss even knew it but couldn't fire him based on that alone. boss even told me that. one day I asked the boss how much we pay for a bulk barrell of chassis grease, he smiled real big while telling me. the next morning the boss and I were bs'ing and enjoying our morning coffee before work when Mr. Jerk came in. he was all social and nice until he went to open his tool box. every single drawer was FULL of grease. he got all pissy and left. I haven't seen him since. funny thing is, I never had to pay for the grease.
  10. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update, Mike, good to hear from you! Hope you can stop by more often.

Nice job on returning the "prank" favor! :D
  11. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Glocknut, just so ya know, you are missed! Jobs come, and go, there will be others on down the road!
  12. Dennis C

Dennis C New Member

Good to hear from you Mike.