C&R and FFL

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by mjm23836, May 17, 2009.

  1. mjm23836

    mjm23836 New Member

    May 17, 2009
    If I get a C&R license, do I still need to have an FFL to order C&R qualified weapons?
  2. gdmoody

    gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

    Sep 7, 2007
    Athens, Georgia
    mjm, welcome to the forum. A C&R is a Federal Firearms License, but it just allows a collector to buy curios and relics directly from distributors without having to go through a gun dealer. It does not give you the ability to have a business of selling guns.

  3. gandog56

    gandog56 Member

    May 9, 2008
    Mobile AL.
    Well technically a C&R is an FFL.

    That said you do not need anything further to have C&R classified guns sent to you.

    Unless it's a handgun to Kommie Kalifornia. It still does not supercede state requirements.
    Last edited: May 17, 2009