C & R guns that you want but dont need???

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 3, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

WyomingSwede
    (8/18/01 7:25:55 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All C & R guns that you want but dont need???
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I thought that this might be a great topic...

1) A3-03 springfield in 30-06
    2) a remodeled 45-70 SMLE from Gibbs
    3) a spanish ruby in .38 special
    4) a CZ in 7.65x 25
    5) a better 91 Moisin Nagant (tula model)
    6) 94 model swede mauser carbine

Wish list anyone????

regards swede
    Wyoming Swede

TallTLynn
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (8/18/01 7:34:04 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: C & R guns that you want but dont need???
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I got the Ruby .38 - nice looking gun and I'm going to go shoot it this weekend. I'll get back to you on how it works.

Want the 45/70 - fun to shoot.

Other than that I've got most of the old rifles I like already. The 8mm Turkish Mauser and the .303 British Enfield (what more could I ask for?)???

Oops, I almost forgot - I really, really want a flintlock!!! (Now I wonder if one of those qualifies under C&R?)

Edited by: TallTLynn at: 8/18/01 9:25:58 am

Bob In St Louis
    (8/18/01 8:17:28 am)
    1) Model 1913 Campo Giro
    2) Model 1913/16 Campo Giro
    3) Bergmann/Bayard
    4) Just about any early Bergmann/Bayard style pistol produced in Eibar from 1890 to 1910 (e.g., Charola y Aya)
    5) Lots & lots of othe Spanish pistols up to 1945 that will fill gaps in my collection.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

gun runner john
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/18/01 9:42:23 am)
    After seeing that list, you sure don't need any more Astra 400's in your collecting!

TallTLynn
    (8/18/01 10:07:11 am)
    gun runner john - you sure got that one right - dang there's a lot of 400's in it.

Bob In St Louis
    (8/18/01 10:42:34 am)
    If the price is right, and the serial number falls in a range gap I am looking for - I'll still buy Astra 400s! Particularly any with three digit serial numbers or earlier.

gun runner john
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/18/01 12:02:52 pm)
    I saw a Charola recently over on Auction Arms, as I recall it was pretty expensive.

Bob In St Louis
    (8/18/01 12:25:26 pm)
    Yes - that was Collector's Firearms out of Houston, Texas. They seem to run across a lot of Spanish stuff - they have a buyer that goes down into Mexico. I have bought several items from them. They actually had two Charola pistols on auction - the first one was original, but in rough shape, and the second one had been partially nickle plated and engraved with someone's big gaudy initials. I passed on both of them.

gun runner john
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/18/01 12:52:54 pm)
    That's the place. I've been to their site, even bought my Nambu Type 94 from them. I did notice they have a lot of Spanish stuff...

Tac401
    Administrator
    (8/18/01 8:59:54 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: C & R guns that you want but dont need???
    Sure would like to have a 1903-A4!
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

obelix2
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/20/01 2:34:53 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del frivolous question
    If I want it, of course I need it. The real question (as Bob's post implies) is can I pay for it?

polishshooter
    (8/20/01 11:01:09 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: frivolous question
    I NEED to move on from all this Russian crap...but I think I'll order one more Russian 44 tomorrow anyway...maybe THAT will be my last one, you think? Oh crap, I still need my Romainian 44...but then that isn't REALLY Russian, so....then I still need one to chop like FATs, then maybe a few more 91s,.....
    Eibar Pimp. "Pssst! 'Ay Meester..."

IceNineIceNine
    (8/20/01 11:56:16 pm)
    Polish . . . what is this??? Russian Crap???? Its nearly sacrilegious to say such a thing about a Mosin Nagant!

I'm planning my FAT order to go in next week, and can't wait for some nice little East TX pigs to meet it soon...

polishshooter
    (8/26/01 9:13:36 pm)
    Ice, I say that only as one with Polish Ancestry can. I MUST hate anything Russian...and use German stuff with care...

Having said that, I'm SURE some of my Polish Peasant ancestors carried a Mosin at one time or another, so I'm honoring their memory...

Besides, when I function tested my new 44 out back today I woke the neighborhood up quite well on a sleepy rainy Sunday morning... That is just cool! My wife said she needed earplugs in the HOUSE!

I can't imagine what a FAT would do...let me know when you get it how it shoots...Are you getting it cut to 14" and the FAL suppressor welded on? I think if I do it I'm going to just have them cut it at 16" and say to heck with the flash hider.

SOG has Russians on special next Friday again for $40, I still haven't got one I could cut up, this '46 I just bought is in just too good a shape...but then that Inter Ordinance stamp still looks stupid where it's at...but then again it is my first post-war Russian...I'll just have to order another, right?

Decisions, decisions....

Well, I didn't win the Powerball, so I still collect Russian Crap and variants thereof. ( And am darn happy I can!)

obelix2
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/2/01 8:10:46 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Bob doesn't need any more 1921 Astras
    He onlythinks he does.

I, on the other hand, am desperate for one. But it has to be one of the emergency Republican guns made by the Fabrica d'armes de Catalunya.

priefca
    (9/8/01 10:09:53 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Wish list
    I would love a springfield A3 03'. anybody no where to get one at a reasonable price?

IceNineIceNine
    (9/9/01 9:17:19 pm)
    Hey Polish . . . I missed the reply earlier, and I got delayed in the FAT purchase until after 10/01 (found a Sako that I can't live without).

The FAT 44 is still on the slate . . . and so are them East Texas hogs. My mother has 12 running around on her place. I will indeed post comments when I get it in. I am going to get it cut at 16", don't reckon I need a flash hider . . .

AntiqueDr. talked me into the Sako. It is absolutely beautiful. My girlfriend might have to start sleeping on the floor. I'll post photos later. I walked out of the shop grinning from ear-to-ear. I have never purchased a gun that made me this happy (and it isn't a C&R).

Kevin

AntiqueDr
    (9/9/01 9:27:33 pm)
    And that's all the justification you need for buying it.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

gun runner john
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/11/01 4:24:27 pm)
    "I would love a springfield A3 03'. anybody no where to get one at a reasonable price? "

That would probably depend on what you think a reasonable price is.

TallTLynn
    (9/11/01 7:59:34 pm)
    I know where there is one - but it's not for sale. And if I ask nice he'll let me shoot it sooner or later.

Pretty looking gun.

Spanish Cruffler
    (9/20/01 6:34:18 am)
    There is a Nazi series marked Astra Model 600 currently on Auction Arms that is in pristine condition - drool, drool, drool. I think it will go for a lot higher than what my budget will allow though.

Crimeny - the auction at 4:00 PM on 9/21 is already at $520, and it doesn't close for another 4 and a half days! Definately beyond my budget.

Edited by: Spanish Cruffler at: 9/21/01 5:05:11 pm

gun runner john
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/21/01 6:58:37 pm)
    Speaking of 1903-A3's, there's one at the top, the other gun is my M94 that I hunted with when I was a teenager, a loooong time ago.

Bob In St Louis
    (9/21/01 8:37:15 pm)
    JOHN! Them ain't pistols!

gun runner john
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/22/01 8:24:22 am)
    OOPS!

gpostal
    (9/22/01 9:32:46 am)
    i have watched this thread go away and come back several times , so i thou i would throw in my .02

.50 bmg m2hb

mg 34

browning 1919

browning b.a.r. 1918a2 ,not one of the new ones they are calling a bar

i am keeping my fingers crossed that one of you hit the lottery and is planning on making a few dreams come true

Bob In St Louis
    (9/22/01 8:47:00 pm)
    OK, this is getting crazy - the Nazi series Astra 600 is now at $650.99. Dang!

Spanish Cruffler
    (9/26/01 6:02:43 am)
    Well, the big boys came out to play at the end of the auction for the Nazi series Astra Model 600. The final closing bid was $976.89. I may be crazy, but the last one of these I saw in this good of condition sold for $500, and I thought that was steep.

polishshooter
    (9/26/01 2:18:03 pm)
    Crap, I got outbid...I placed a bid for you at $950, I hope you didn't mind....
    I'm so PROUD to be an AMERICAN...
  2. Scott Marshall

Scott Marshall New Member

Gosh guys mine is simple Broom Handle Mauser,Kriegsmarine Luger,Werchmat Luger,war era Walther P-38.Already have Ruger .256 Hawkeye,Colt 1911 .45autos WWI/WWII respectively.Mauser 98,Mosins all but(Remmington/Finnish),M1-A,M1-D,M1A1,Remmington 03A3(with Pet.Device)Full collection of SMLE's,5-.30 carbines(various mfg.)L1A1(FN/FAL)AK's/SKS's,Star Bergman-Bayard Christ I'd be at this for a while.:p
  3. Laufer

Laufer New Member

Exactly!
    An Enfield #4/MK.1 if it was built in England at Maltby, Shirley or Faz. and is in military config. with matching bolt/butt socket with a really good bore/rifling.

My #4/Mk. 1 Long Branch has matching bolt/action and is listed under WTS (Memphis TN area: only in person), or WTT (for an English #4) at Surplusrifle, Gunboards, Gunandgame under this nickname or "Ignition Override" at one other website.

My book "British Enfield Rifles Vol. 2" by Charles Stratton can help contradict anybody's carefully crafted gun show "b.s.".

A second nice Spanish FR8 would be very appealing, but not at a sucker price;).
    A second Garand is also needed, not just wanted.
    They don't build the originals any more, despite the Australian AIA Enfield imitations or M-1s etc.
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  4. Bigbill

Bigbill Member

For me there are just plain "wants" or "gotta haves" the gotta haves out weight the want list. The want list is like a wish list. The gotta have list is i'm getting it sooner or later.

My want list/wish list; (want but don't really need)

1. 1903 springfield 30-06
    2. BAR 30-06 (a real working bar but it would be a toy for me)
    3. M1 Carbine
    4. M1 Garand 30-06 (i'm just not fond of the e clips when hunting)
    5. M1 Garand 308/7,62 nato " " " " " " " "

My brand new $59 chinese norinco sks would cover all of the above hunting but bear hunting. So your right do i really need the above?

If you collect its a never ending story it just has a lull every so often. Sometimes the wants or direction your collecting in changes too. With some of the more rarer collectables we can't pass them up if its priced right and rare. We may never see another one who knows.

I like buying a collectable gun that i may take in the woods bear or varmit hunting on the sunny days or use it as a camp gun for protection. I never bought a gun that didn't have a purpose yet. Bill

BTW; I go mainly by my first gut feeling when i spot a gun i don't have yet. But i do also let the price guide me too. Thats whay i have no spanish fr8's yet too. My limit on prices has been $50 to $225 on C&R guns for decades.
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  5. ozo

ozo Active Member

Mine also........simple :rolleyes:
    Two of everything @ Bud's, one [or more]
    each @ Gander.....everything in Dan's shop,
    including the Roo rug..........:D
  6. ozo

ozo Active Member

P.S. and every barrel I don't have for the Contender........:cool:
  7. ozo

ozo Active Member