C&R licence

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by Luke, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Luke

Luke New Member

hi there everyone, I have a quick Q. I recently sent off for my C&R licence forms. The question I have is, can i buy a gun for a friend at a discounted C&R wholsale price, and legally sell it to him through a liscenced dealer? or is this illegal. Or what if I were to buy gun with my C&R liscence, and sell it 1 to 2 weeks after i buy it, lets say because i wanted some money to buy another C&R gun, is this legal or could this cause problems if someone was to come buy to check my log book.
    thanks for all possible help,
    Luke
  2. Luke, it's a really grey area. Theoretically, a person with a C&R license is buying weapons strictly as collector pieces and not for purposes of resale. However, you do have the right to "improve your collection" and get rid of duplicates or pieces you no longer want for some reason. What it really boils down to is, if the BTAF&E thinks you are using the license as a front to deal in them, you can find yourself in deep kimchi. An occasional transfer normally won't cause any alarm if it is properly documented in you book.
  3. Luke

Luke New Member

ok thanks for the info Pistole. :)
    Luke
  4. ruger22com

ruger22com New Member

One word of warning...the ATF is starting to really bear down on C&R holders selling at gun shows, and in the paper. And when the new laws pass on the ATF powers...then you will be looking at big money fines for violations.