C&R military gun day, (mostly)

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by Old Grump, May 19, 2012.

1. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Finally got some 148 gr ammo for my Mosin's and got to shoot them without the high flying 200 grain bullets I had first been sold. Found out my ammo was Russian made in Siberia at the Novosibirsk Low -Voltage Equipment Plant, not exactly a place I would have thought of as ammo manufacturers.

Sun was bright and in my eyes and the wind was pretty frisky but I had the range to myself and it was a good day. I now know I have to adjust the 91/30 a wee bit left but I no longer worry about it grouping or my abilioty to shoot a group with those old primitive sights. A little Testor's paint on the front post helped a lot.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then naturally I had to compare it to American made but with Portuguese Milsurp ammo. I am satisfied with the result in spite of the wind blowing the target frame back and forth. The barrel was clean and wet hence the first shot was a bit high. Close enough to scare a boogerman if he needed scaring.

[​IMG]

Couldn't leave well enough alone, my shoulder was still working so out comes the Mossberg 500C slug gun, the Winchester 1200 smoothbore, some slugs, some #2 buckshot and an old fire extinguisher. I do believe the warranty has been voided on that extinguisher. Sorry no image, It wouldn't fit on the scanner.