The Firearms Forum banner

C & R?

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  polishshooter 
#1 ·
Do you need a FFL to purchase C & R guns? Where can I find info on the requirements? Thanks

G
#2 ·
Yes, you need an FFL, Tom, but not the full, Type 01 FFL. What you need is what is often referred to as a C&R, or Type 03, FFL. This allows you to purchase firearms classified as Curio and Relic by the BTAF&E. Generally, these are firearms at least 50 years old, though there are some exceptions. Getting the C&R license is both easy and inexpensive ($30.00) and it is good for three years. Check out this link for all the details you will need, including the application form.

http://www.cruffler.com/becomingcruffler.html

#3 · (Edited)
You don't need an FFL to buy C&R guns if want to go thru the backround check like buying any other gun. You need the 03FFL to be able to purchase them and have them sent to your home and to buy directly from the suppliers at a better price, also you do not need to go thru the paperwork and check when purchasing one, like at a gun show, just give them your signed copy of your 03FFL when purchasing the gun. You will also get discounts from suppliers on other items like reloading, cleaning, ammo, parts and other things if you have one. It's well worth getting one, you'll pay for in the money you save on your first purchase of a C&R gun.

#4 ·
I used to have a FFL, but I was only building stocks and handgun grips. I bought and sold less than a half dozen guns in all the years I had it. It got to be to much of a hassle, so I gave it up about seven years ago. I think I'll apply for the 03FFL though. Thanks for the info.

#5 ·
I have a question regarding the application for license of curios and relics, ATF F 7CR form. I'm applying as an individual under section 6 of the application. Does my wife have to be listed under section 7? She's not a collector, nor does she have any interest in becoming one, and has never had so much as a parking ticket. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.