Cabela’s. Two Strikes

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by wingspar, Nov 30, 2009.

1. wingspar

wingspar Member

I’ll agree on the ammo and solvents. Cabelas isn’t a good place for those things, but for everything else, I like them.
  2. drhabeeb

drhabeeb New Member

When 380 ammo was nearly impossible to get Cabela's was one of the few internet sites that didn't jack the price out of sight. All the stores had it backordered but they kept you informed as to the status of the order. Still the best place for reliable ammo IMHO.
  3. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    i ordered a barrel for my 1187 sp remington,this was a rifled barrel and was told it was in stock and would be sent shortly.three weeks later,no barrel.i then called customer service they said they had located one and would send shortly,two or three weeks later still no barrel.i finally cancelled order and received it from someone else,i will never use cabellas again. old semperfi
  4. herb41

herb41 New Member

They sure have worked good for me....nothings perfect....but no problem if you are no happy. Money back or a new one on the way.:D
  5. hunterfisher

hunterfisher New Member

I've had a scope on backorder at, Cabela's, for a month now. They were supposed to get them in on, Feb. 3rd. then they told me, Mar 1st. Now there saying they have no idea when it will be in. The scope is the new, Redfield Revolution. I'm about ready to cancel the order.:mad:
  6. wpage

wpage New Member

Common problem with resellers. If you calll them on it they will give you options...
    Cabellas has great agents and cust service if you communicate with them.
  7. winnipeg toymaker

winnipeg toymaker New Member

In Winnipeg, Canada, where I am and here they established the first Cabela's store in Canada by buying out the SIR outlet. The service and ammo-gun stock has been atrocious to say the least. Back orders galore on ammo, reloading supplies etc. even a walk-in is disappointing. Most of the store is clothing and shoes. The "other" shooting outlet is thriving....whats the problem with Cabela's?????
  8. Hunting Man

Hunting Man New Member

I'm in Cabela's about once a month and have been very happy. As with everyone else they do empty the ammo shelves pretty quickly. The Dundee MI store is pretty awsome. A new Bass Pro shop opened here in NW Ohio so I have two great stores to go to. Cabela's will pro-rate hunting clothes, with receipt, to up-grade to newer stuff. How many stores will do that!
  9. wingspar

wingspar Member

As long as this thread keeps coming back to life from time to time, here it is again. I just received an order from Cabelas, and decided to try ordering some ammo from them again, since PMC .223 was only $6.49 per box of 20, and it didn’t hold up the rest if the order at all. The ammo wasn’t packed all that well, so I had a lot of loose shells to pick up and put back in the box it should have been. Looks like the person who packed it had never packed ammo before.

Saw a documentary of Super Stores on the Travel Channel the other day, and Cabelas was one of the stores they covered. I’ve only been into the Cabelas at Reno once last year, and I had no idea what I was in for when I went in there. I am not a “shop till you drop” person. I’m more like “dropping at the thought of shopping” type of a person, so I was more in a hurry to get out of there since they didn’t have what I was looking for, (a certain type of jacket) and since I was with someone I wasn’t sure about looking at guns with, I didn’t spend the time in the gun section I would have liked to. After watching that documentary on TV the other day, I’m thinking it would be nice to visit a Cabelas again if I ever get back to Reno again, which is 9 hours with no stops from here. A bit much, just to go to a store.