The Firearms Forum banner

Cabelas Branded XT-1500 Powder Scale

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Dirtypacman 
#1 ·
I posted the following on the cabelas site as feedback on the above scale:

Cabelas Digital 1500 Scale, June 3, 2007
By TerryP from NH

"Bought one and it would never hold zero. I would calibrate, rezero but nothing helped. Had trouble with the start up button as it worked very hard and then it broke completely after 13 months. I don't know what it's good for but one thing is certain it isn't weighing powder.

I purchased an RCBS digital and it's everything this one wasn't."

If you are considering an electronic scale read the reviews carefully as this one is a lemon. I have had good luck with RCBS and have heard good things about the Lymans and Dillons as well.

#2 ·
VERY same results with my Cabelas XT. Went back to my old weight scale for a while, then purchased a RCBS unit, which works like a charm. Holds zero, z's out quickly, etc.
I've had good results with other Cabelas products, but not with this product. They really missed the mark with this piece of junk! :mad:
What's it good for?
A lesson! :eek:

#3 ·
Started with the dillon digital and have never had a problem... sorry to hear about your bad luck with the Cabela's. Thanks for the feedback to hopefully help someone just purchasing not to make the wrong decision.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.