California AB 962

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by williamd, Oct 12, 2009.

1. williamd

williamd New Member

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  2. Lotsdragon

Lotsdragon New Member

See thats the main reason I reload.
  3. Slabsides

Slabsides Member

All that will do is create a huge black market for stolen ammo. One cannot ban one's way out of a situation. Alcohol prohibition proved that many years ago and drugs are proving that now.

It's a simple law of supply and demand. As long as there is a demand, there WILL be a supply. Do you want it legal and taxed, or illegal and untaxed? The gun/drug banners have spoken and prefer to create an illegal trade which fuels crime. Some people just don't get it.:mad:
  4. topper

topper New Member

All politicians are rotten liars. They say one thing to get elected and then crap on everyone.
    \

The gene pool needs chlorine
  5. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Comming soon to the rest of the US:mad::mad:

The liberals will soon start touting this as the greatest legislation ever passed in the history of humanity, and will start pushing for all states to pass it.:mad::mad::mad:
  6. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

They better get it passed before 2010. Were gettin rid of their a$$!
  7. Carne Frio

Carne Frio Member

Y E S ! ! !

Could be the time to open a large discount
    ammo store near the CA/NV border.
  8. Bubblehead

Bubblehead New Member

9. williamd

williamd New Member

Hope you are right Bubblehead. The latest version I can find still has it. I was in communicaion with DeLeon (the initiator) a lot and his staff indicated that was one of the major 'good' points in the bill .... to decrease crime. These same folks argued content when I had the bill in front of me reading it. Then they said that was not what it was supposed to do. Obviuosly had not read it! Must be headed for a Federal job!!
  10. rocklinskier

rocklinskier New Member

"Looks to me like the 50 round limit was edited out of the final version."

That is correct, the bill passed the first house,(Dems) but the second would not pass until the 50 round clause was eliminated. At least we "got" that, but still little consequence to the bigger picture. More paper work, more red tape, which always means extra cost passed on to us, the consumer.

I have written local politician as well as the Gov. on this issue....I'm exhausted by it....this bill will do nothing to help crime, only to up prices, and increase black market sales. Guess it's time to seriously look into some reload equipment.
  11. SaddleSarge

SaddleSarge New Member

Correct as well as the provision of not being able to transfer more than 100rds/month to family members, but still no shipment/internet sales to CA. However, the bill stinks. It isn't over yet and those in CA need to band together and support Assemblyman Hagman with his provision to repeal AB 962:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  12. Sandsculptor

Sandsculptor New Member

The whole point of all this is to keep citizens on both sides of the issue contributing time and money to political campaigns, because the name of the game is re-election....

The USA has a higher rate of incumbent politician retention than the old Soviet politburo.

People who think the political system will ever work for citizens (instead of FOR legislators and their parasites) are kidding themselves.
  13. rocklinskier

rocklinskier New Member

You are so "on the head" with this one. When you think about it. A situation is created, tens of thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of dollars are pumped into supporting it, like wise, tens of thousands put towards fighting it, and so forth and so on.
    It is a money driven system. Logic, rights, ideals and votes have so little to do with any of it anymore. It all about the lobbyist and cash flow=corruption.
    If you have the money, you can get what you want in Washington.
  14. Suwannee Tim

Suwannee Tim New Member

And invest a couple of grand getting set up, good stuff, plenty of components, etc, etc so they can ban reloading too?

The solution is to take back our governments. The American idea was for the people to be sovereign over the government not the other way around.

So now we will have a new ammunition shortage as all the California gun owners begin hoarding all over again.:mad:
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  15. rocklinskier

rocklinskier New Member

S. Tim,
    Been thinkin' bout reloading anyways, just because of the cost of ammo, my increase in shooting volume, and to have another hobby.

Not to mute your point....YES, we need to take control of our government. I just don't know if that's actually possible at this point. Apparently voting doesn't work anymore.

CA is not the cause of the shortage for the last 10 months...nor will it be in the future. People all across USA are buying it faster than ever...just saying.
    The new bill will take effect in about a year or so (can't remember the actual date) but none the less, it sucks. Also sets precedence for other state anti gun liberals.

Im sure OBlahBlah will be taking credit somewhere down the line for "stimulating the businesses that produce ammunition" I can just hear it now. :mad:

If there is one good thing about the whole health care overhaul, it is this:

People are waking up, paying attention to what their reps. and congress are doing. It is only the beginning. Getting them out is a must. Finding suitable replacements will be difficult.