1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

California man attacks shoppers with samurai sword

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by 1952Sniper, Jun 30, 2003.

1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Did you guys hear about this? I can't find a decent news article on the web to quote, but apparently a guy in California went to a grocery store and started attacking people with a samurai sword. He killed a couple of people before cops shot him dead.

Two comments:

First, why aren't people screaming for laws on sword control, like they do with gun control? After all, wouldn't we all be safer if the lawmakers restricted swords to, say, 10 inches or less? And require background checks before buying swords? (sarcasm intended)

Second, if there had been anybody in that store carrying a concealed handgun, the problem would have been taken care of immediately. I can't think of a better example of why ALL states should have "shall-issue" concealed carry laws. And people should be taking advantage of these laws, exercising their rights to defend themselves. You can easily see why it does you no good to call the cops and wait for them to arrive.
  2. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

3. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Hmmm. Thanks for the link, SouthernMoss. This raises another couple of points I'd like to consider.

He was diagnosed with schizophrenia. That means, legally, he could not buy a gun. Looks like the gun laws on the books did their job. They kept guns out of this guy's hands. But did they stop him from killing? Obviously not.

I'm very grateful that this act was not committed with firearms, especially those evil "assault weapons". With the AW ban set to expire next year, that would have been very bad. I'm still waiting for the press to jump on any new "shoot-em-up" cases that come up, as they attempt to stoke the fire for next year's gun control debates in Washington. I guarantee you that if this had been gun-related, it would be receiving 5 times the amount of press coverage than it is now. Funny how that works, huh?
  4. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Clean Up On Aisle 11 ! :D :D :D
  5. WAGCEVP

WAGCEVP New Member

6. Evilahole

Evilahole New Member

My swords, much like my guns, will only be taken from me when I'm dead...and even then I'll come back as a ghost to reclaim them.
  7. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

But, but, but....That sword is already ilegal in California, in public. There is already a law against it. Whatever can we do, now.

If the criminals won't obey the laws we pass, how can we convince them we are serious about this. I know! Lets pass a law making it ilegal to break any law. Yeah, that would work, wouldn't it?