California open carry ban

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by ckelley, Oct 10, 2011.

1. ckelley

ckelley Member

Looks like Californians just lost another constitutional right.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4484381...signs-ban-open-handgun-carrying/#.TpNJHrJkzXQ

"David Maggard Jr., president of the California Police Chiefs Association, said the group viewed the open carry of unloaded handguns as a safety threat to communities and their officers. He said the bill will help assure that felons and gang members cannot openly carry an unloaded gun with impunity."

Like felons and gang members follow laws anyway? When will people learn that gun control laws only effect law abiding citizens?

"By prohibiting the open carry of guns, we can now take our families to the park or out to eat without the worry of getting shot by some untrained, unscreened, self-appointed vigilante," Dallas Stout, president of the California chapters of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, said in a statement."

Now when they take their families to the park or out to eat they have no way to defend themselves against the criminals that don't care about following the laws!
  2. jstgsn

jstgsn Well-Known Member

California is going left faster than ever before. Teenage girls can get hiv shots without parent permission, but not a tan in a tanning saloon. It is truly the land of the fruit loop.
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

notice how he draws attention to "vigilante's" but not to criminals , seems criminal gun use is ok to this mutt , but a armed citizen is a vigilante and must be quashed ..

now where did i see that before ?

chapter 3 section 9 subsection 19 of the laws of the soviet union comes to mind

anyone armed for personal reasons is a threat to the state and will be dealt with as such , personal reasons are a immoral act when the good of the state is involved.

( just my rough translation of the ruling issued by the supreme soviet august 11 1934)
  4. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

they just passed a law out there now where minors can't go tan in a tanning bed. what's the point of that? they're just going to go down to the beach instead and now all those businesses are going to lose the income.

california sure knows how to run business out of town
  5. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

How soon can we count on California to break off and sink in the ocean?
  6. dons2346

dons2346 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Not soon enough.
  7. hunter29180

hunter29180 Active Member

so now law abiding families will have no idea who is carring or a threat. its same ole, same ole! Take the guns away from the citizena so only the criminals will have guns. its called the "criminal safty proctetion act of stupid elected officials who were elected by even stupider people who should not have been allowed to vote!" ( read that somewhere, dont remember where though.)
  8. al45lc

al45lc New Member

What monumental ignorance to think that a simple "ban" on something automatically renders the world 'safe'!? NOW they can go to the park without worry? More of the proverbial "Hope" thing perhaps?
    Gosh, I think I'll just 'wish' for more money in my pocket!
    California is run by childish fools. But then, that's what I said when ol' "Let it mellow" Brown first showed up on the scene again.
  9. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

What we need is a law that prevents stupid people from having kids!
  10. Caneman

Caneman Active Member

:lmao: :yeahthat:
  11. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

what we need here is a law to prevent stupid laws. this is the dumb and dumber law book of dems.
  12. marlin795

marlin795 New Member

Calvary Chapel Conference Center; Murrieta,CA
    I hate California. They also passed a law having to register all rifles and shotguns. Heck no. I have to many anyways to pay the bill to do so. Not to mention I don't want them to know what I have...