Camaro Fans!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gun-nut, Dec 27, 2011.

1. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

Well If you are a Camaro Fan and a drag racing fan you all got to look up the 2012 COPO Camaro! Its sounds like a heck of a car. Price from what i was told is about $85,000 for one. Just get in it and turn the key and you are down the track. But here is the real kicker. I got to help produce the connecting rods for this thing!:ya: Just a little of something that i had to share with you all.
  2. nynomad

nynomad New Member

Had a 1977 camaro - wishing for a 2012 SS.

Cool that you made some parts for that beast!
  3. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Yes Sir, looks like a bad to the bone machine.

[​IMG]
  4. American Leader

American Leader Active Member

OH YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. marlin795

marlin795 New Member

Calvary Chapel Conference Center; Murrieta,CA
    I'm a Ford man. :p
  6. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

sorry about your luck LOL:lmao2:
  7. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

I cant give the specs. on the rods, but they are using the Callies Ultra rods. yes i work at Callies.
  8. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

what kind of boost is that Whipple putting out?

I would like to see the gorilla (Jeremy Clarkson) from Top Gear test that one.

it should be a good run against the Shelbys.
  9. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

I loved the look on Clarkson's face when he mashed the peddle on the new 680hp corvette. He drives so many expensive cars & has a reserved bored look but when he hit the gas on that vette he looked surprised & got a big grin. The show where they drove american muscle cars accross a few states.
  10. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Had an '85 Z-28. While it could handle any curve in the road, it was a POS.

Engine problems, tranny problems, rear end, body, you name it.:rolleyes:

I traded it in on a Chevy 4x4 in 89. That one qualified for lemon of the year. I have a complete record of shop time, and wasted repairs. The regional rep from GM and I got to know each other on a 1st name basis. :mad:

At one point, he finally asked me 'what it would take, short of going to court'.
    I told him, "replace the entire drive train". They did.

Without going into details, all I can say is the technicians at GM are less than worthless.

Never again.
  11. Millwright

Millwright Active Member

Camaro plus "big motor".......Brings back memories.....

Local guy in TN had one with a much tweaked small block. Bought some M/T street slicks and blew a clutch because the horse wouldn't smoke those slicks. Sent a "crate motor" to the BDGIT along with a check. A month later the crate showed up and two days later he fired it up ! Wheeled it into the street and "launched it" .....for about 200 feet ! Those M/Ts ended up just under the "B" pillar ! Took two weeks of welding/fishplating and yard scrounging to fix ! >MW
  12. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

unfortunately my fast days are behind me but there is a chance my mid-life crisis may bring them back.

I helped a buddy build a 67 Skylark Convert. that would lift the front tires and smoke an 87 GN with a bottle.
    I built a 77 Impala that hit 173mph, at least that's what the cop and his radar said.
    I built an 80 K20 that would haul 14 engines and still do 125mph
    I had an 80 KZ750LTD that I backed off at 130mph.
    now I drive to work in a 2000 Accord 4 door and fish from a 15' alumacraft
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  13. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

My camaro experiences were with a 1970 Z-28 that I dragraced/played with in high school auto shop/had tons of fun with for 4 years of high school. Also a 67 ss350 that I restored & some guy liked it that was in Maine. He had his brother buy it here in Utah & drive it to Main for him. Never drove that one too much but I had fun restoring it.

Now my Chevy's are the 68 Chevelle I finished restoring last year & my Corvette that I was able to take to Miller Motorsports park here in Utah. This summer me & the Vette went through some of the high speed driving classes at Miller's. I had driven it 105k miles on the street but never knew what it would do on a track like that:) Some video of another Vette that's a little quicker than mine at Miller's. Mine hits 140 in the long straight, his hits 160: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHvJuUNJihg
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  14. Maximilian II

Maximilian II New Member

Had a 1980 with a hopped up 350, and an '84 with 305 that I left stock. Loved both cars, they just plain suited me for size and attitude.
    I like the new ones, but also like the Mustang and Challenger.
  15. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

Well i will just add another thing to this. My boss came out and to all the people that only work on the rod line she hand us a COPO hat. GM sent them to us. Thers only 9 of us on the rod line. Its cool to walk in the plant and the other guys just hate to see us ware them.:D
  16. alex.cirabisi

alex.cirabisi New Member

I'm an american man... so i'll buy ford and chevy.
  17. Eddie N

Eddie N New Member

Still workin' on my '83. Can I have that motor?