Camaro Fans!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gun-nut, Dec 27, 2011.

1. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

Well If you are a Camaro Fan and a drag racing fan you all got to look up the 2012 COPO Camaro! Its sounds like a heck of a car. Price from what i was told is about $85,000 for one. Just get in it and turn the key and you are down the track. But here is the real kicker. I got to help produce the connecting rods for this thing!:ya: Just a little of something that i had to share with you all.
  2. nynomad

nynomad New Member

Had a 1977 camaro - wishing for a 2012 SS.

Cool that you made some parts for that beast!
  3. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Yes Sir, looks like a bad to the bone machine.

[​IMG]
  4. American Leader

American Leader Well-Known Member

OH YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. marlin795

marlin795 New Member

Calvary Chapel Conference Center; Murrieta,CA
    I'm a Ford man. :p
  6. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

sorry about your luck LOL:lmao2:
  7. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

I cant give the specs. on the rods, but they are using the Callies Ultra rods. yes i work at Callies.
  8. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

what kind of boost is that Whipple putting out?

I would like to see the gorilla (Jeremy Clarkson) from Top Gear test that one.

it should be a good run against the Shelbys.
  9. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

I loved the look on Clarkson's face when he mashed the peddle on the new 680hp corvette. He drives so many expensive cars & has a reserved bored look but when he hit the gas on that vette he looked surprised & got a big grin. The show where they drove american muscle cars accross a few states.
  10. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Had an '85 Z-28. While it could handle any curve in the road, it was a POS.

Engine problems, tranny problems, rear end, body, you name it.:rolleyes:

I traded it in on a Chevy 4x4 in 89. That one qualified for lemon of the year. I have a complete record of shop time, and wasted repairs. The regional rep from GM and I got to know each other on a 1st name basis. :mad:

At one point, he finally asked me 'what it would take, short of going to court'.
    I told him, "replace the entire drive train". They did.

Without going into details, all I can say is the technicians at GM are less than worthless.

Never again.
  11. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

Camaro plus "big motor".......Brings back memories.....

Local guy in TN had one with a much tweaked small block. Bought some M/T street slicks and blew a clutch because the horse wouldn't smoke those slicks. Sent a "crate motor" to the BDGIT along with a check. A month later the crate showed up and two days later he fired it up ! Wheeled it into the street and "launched it" .....for about 200 feet ! Those M/Ts ended up just under the "B" pillar ! Took two weeks of welding/fishplating and yard scrounging to fix ! >MW
  12. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

unfortunately my fast days are behind me but there is a chance my mid-life crisis may bring them back.

I helped a buddy build a 67 Skylark Convert. that would lift the front tires and smoke an 87 GN with a bottle.
    I built a 77 Impala that hit 173mph, at least that's what the cop and his radar said.
    I built an 80 K20 that would haul 14 engines and still do 125mph
    I had an 80 KZ750LTD that I backed off at 130mph.
    now I drive to work in a 2000 Accord 4 door and fish from a 15' alumacraft
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  13. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

My camaro experiences were with a 1970 Z-28 that I dragraced/played with in high school auto shop/had tons of fun with for 4 years of high school. Also a 67 ss350 that I restored & some guy liked it that was in Maine. He had his brother buy it here in Utah & drive it to Main for him. Never drove that one too much but I had fun restoring it.

Now my Chevy's are the 68 Chevelle I finished restoring last year & my Corvette that I was able to take to Miller Motorsports park here in Utah. This summer me & the Vette went through some of the high speed driving classes at Miller's. I had driven it 105k miles on the street but never knew what it would do on a track like that:) Some video of another Vette that's a little quicker than mine at Miller's. Mine hits 140 in the long straight, his hits 160: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHvJuUNJihg
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  14. Maximilian II

Maximilian II New Member

Had a 1980 with a hopped up 350, and an '84 with 305 that I left stock. Loved both cars, they just plain suited me for size and attitude.
    I like the new ones, but also like the Mustang and Challenger.
  15. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

Well i will just add another thing to this. My boss came out and to all the people that only work on the rod line she hand us a COPO hat. GM sent them to us. Thers only 9 of us on the rod line. Its cool to walk in the plant and the other guys just hate to see us ware them.:D