Camera Question

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Squeak, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Squeak

Squeak Member

OK, this might not be a gun question, but then again, it is.
    Might there be someone out there that could talk me thru how to post pictures on this forum?
    I got a real neat digital camera & it works real good, but I'm not computer literate enough to know how to get these pictures onto the forum.
    I do not have access to a 10 year old 4th grade kid to teach me how to do it.
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Aqueak , get them from your camera to your PC

then if in a reply hit "post reply" ( not the post Quick reply )

you see this below ( pic 1 )

them hit manage attachments and you'll get this , (pic 2)

then it'll ask you to select your chosen pic's ( pic 3)

go for it

Attached Files:

3. Squeak

Squeak Member

Thanks Jack. Now all I gotta do is figure out how to get the pictures out of the camera onto the PC. You ain't dealing with an ORDINARY fool here.
    I'll try to play around with it & see if I can figure out how to do it, good chance I might have to call upon you again. Might involve a PM. THANKS!!!
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

simplest way is if you have a SD card in the camera is to put it in the SD slot on the PC where it'll show as a drive , or USB cable from the camera to the PC where the whole camera will show as a extra drive , then copy to your hard drive
  5. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

u have a wire that plugs into your computer then u plug the other end into your camera turn camera on then u will get screens on your computer you are gonna have to tell us what the screen says so we can help u
  6. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

$3 at your local PC accessories shop will buy one of these

it'll take SD and micro SD cards and the sony memory sticks as well

i use it a lot , i can use any card from anywhere and put it in and then stick the USB in and access it all

Attached Files:

7. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

don't mean anything by this but he probably does not know about an sd card i think this is new to him probably need more direction lets wait and see what he say's
  8. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

..excellent Jack..."picture perfect"! ;)
  9. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

No worries Squeak , i got started way long ago on PC's and a picture is worth a heap of words and i'm not so great at word smithing , but PM away i'll help if i can ,

Beth yeah , ok ,

i may have to do a thread on the basic's for folks

camera's SD and Micro SD and USB stuff and how to get it all together to get em puttin pic's here

Zane , just tryin to help the members ;) besides it'll put me in good for a bonus from the big boss's this year .. 20% extra eh!

now whats 20% of nuthin ??
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  10. Zane71464

11. Squeak

Squeak Member

Yeah, I just recently found out about the SIMM card thing & yeah, I can take it out of the camera & plug it into the computer & make up a "my pictures" folder. I can single out an individual picture, but then I'm stuck. What do I do next? How do I transfer it onto a new (or old) post?
    Would like to try to practice, but I don't want to try to post pictures here on this forum that might look stupid.
    Maybe I'll just have to bite the bullet & try.
  12. Zane71464

13. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

A very good friend of mine is a retired muckity-muck with IBM. When I got my first computer he was instrumental in the deal and when I told him I know absolutely nothing about computers gave me the best advice he could have.

THROW AWAY our manual, since they are terrible anyway, and learn to use it by good ole fashioned trial and error. This I did and the lessons learned stuck like glue. Between his advice and the help of my six year old son, I was quickly moving around the computer like an expert.

So what if you make a mistake, just drop back and punt until you get it !!!!!! :) :)
  14. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Yea what Marlin said. Don't be shy just jump in there and have a go. We have all been in the same place you are and had to go through the same learning process so none of us is going to poke fun at you. And when you are through playing and learning in your "Test" thread you can click "Edit" and then "Delete" and it is all gone and no one is the wiser except you.
  15. Zane71464

As said above ^^^, that's what it's all about.
    (...hummmm, got a "matter" issue myself on cams., gonna have to starta new thread on "it")
  16. Squeak

Squeak Member

todd51 - - - that's a great idea about doing a test thread & then doing the "edit & delete. THANKS
  17. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

try it out squeak
  18. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

I thought sure that BETH would ask for a picture of the camera. :eek::rolleyes:;):D