Camouflaging a synthetic rifle stock...

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Zane71464, Jul 9, 2012.

1. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Bump dale.. Howd she turn out..??
    BTW, I just did another RTV pressure bedding job on one of my rifles. I used up all my speaker wire so i improvised with beer can shims under the front reciever ring only to elevate the barrel. Its in a synthetic stock so i had to dam the area behind the RTV pad with play dough (gotta love kids). This is actually the first full bull rifle ive done this to, and its mostly just an experiment just to see how well it works with a heavy barrel. The action is already pillar bedded and the recoil lug is epoxy bedded.
  2. joncutt87

joncutt87 Active Member

Takes paint off model cars like a dream
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Takes paint off real cars too for that matter..
  4. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Havent had time to do much of anything as of late Josh. (as far as gun work)
    I hope that works out on a heavy barelled, synthetic rifle. It should hold up all things considered.
    Heavy barrel should just "seat" right in on top of it. Any elevation at all ought'a help and sure wont hurt as long as all else seats well.
    I sure as heck hope I get some "free" time this week to catch up on some odds and ends that I havent had/taken the time to finish up on!
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I hear ya dale. Been fairly slammed myself as of late. Heck up to friday afternoon I hadnt logged in here for a week. :eek:
  6. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

About the same here Josh. Heck...I havent even had much time to even shoot some .22's!!! I'm gonna freakin' lose what touch I did have if I dont take some time. (gotta get the firewood in while it's gettable)
    With all the wind damage we've had this summer, there's plenty to get.;)