Can a Pres be charged...

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by navis128, Sep 21, 2009.

1. navis128

navis128 New Member

I'm not a Constitutional scholar...

Can a President be charged with "dereliction of duty", or is that just for enlisted? Can it be considered dereliction if you don't listen to your Generals during a time of war?
  2. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

I'm not lawyer but I would think any charges would have to come from congress. Impeachment.
    As far as listening to generals the military is under his direction. They have to listen to him.
    Truman and MacArthur come to mind.
  3. navis128

navis128 New Member

Yes sir, I understand the whole CiC thing, but I still think it's dereliction of duty. Duty to defend the US against all enemies, foriegn and domestic.
  4. Rocket J Squirl

Rocket J Squirl New Member

Take you pick, Joe Biden, Nancy P, or Harry Reid

You go from dumb to dumber
  5. navis128

navis128 New Member

Gee thanks for the reminder...my rose colored glasses just fogged up.
  6. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

This congress isn't about to impeach him because they are worse than he is. He is commander in chief so he has final say on military matters, right or wrong.
  7. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

I despised Carter during his Presidency for his incompetence, but at least he graduated from the USNA at Annapolis and served on a nuclear submarine. Big “O” hasn’t got the slightest clue about what he is doing. It’s so sad when the clown can make Carter look like Albert Einstein. Carter must be elated that he won’t have to go through eternity as the most incompetent U.S. President ever.:(
  8. navis128

navis128 New Member

Yeah, I was enlisted during Carter and Regan. The only thing Carter had going for him was that he was in the Navy, but I did wonder how he earned Capt. rank and not banished to the 1st Lt. division after the hostage rescue debauchel. That's what we called the TAD janitors back then.
  9. kingchip

kingchip New Member

C'mpn guys, Carter isn't all bad. I happen to like peanuts.
  10. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Jimmy Cahtah resigned in 1953 and the first nuclear sub was christened and launched in 1954.

But yeah, other than that he sucks. He has to be the most worthless use of oxygen on the planet.
  11. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

You know you are absolutely right, he only served on diesel-electric sub's.. I knew he worked with Capt. Hyman Rickover on the Nuc. Sub. Program and made the assumption that he was on a nuc. sub. Thanks for clarifying that point for me.

It still doesn't change a thing regarding his worthless existence though!
  12. momo

momo Former Guest

He can only be charged with "high crimes and misdemeanors", and this must be done by the congressional impeachment process.
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  13. momo

momo Former Guest

Until now!:D
  14. Michael G

Michael G New Member

They all took an oath to protect the Constitution of the United States.
    None of them are doing it.
    In my eyes they are all "Hanoi Janes"
  15. rundownfid

rundownfid New Member

All of the opinions on Carter and Obama are, perhaps, valid. But the fact is that he can't be charged with anything while president. He must be impeached by the House and convicted by the Senate; at which time he would no longer be President and can be charged like any other citizen. Until then he is literally above the law.