Can anybody help me?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by worldsaway, Nov 24, 2009.

1. worldsaway

worldsaway New Member

Hello there, I'm new to these forums obviously, and I don't know terribly much about firearms. But recently my father in law had given me this gun, which he had found in his basement in his new house. He knows nothing else about it, so he gave it to me.

I've had it for awhile and have never been able to find much out about it.

Today I showed it to my step-father, and he couldn't tell me much else except that it is a 12 Gauge, as there are no real visible markings on it.

There are no markings on it to speak of, save for what appears to be a Z or an N directly under the triggerguard, I tried to take a picture of it but it doesn't show up. It's just a small carving.

Otherwise, on the butt of it, there is an image of a squirrell.

I took some pictures and was hoping somebody here could give me some insight as to WHAT this gun is, the history, and maybe the pricing of it.

The barrel is 30' inches long, and the entire gun is just 45' inches.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You guys here seem to know what you're about, so hopefully somebody can give me some insight. Thanks.
  2. worldsaway

worldsaway New Member

Anybody? =/
  3. muddober

muddober Active Member

It is obviously an older single shot hammer gun. A myriad of different manufacturers both foreign and domestic made them. The butt plate with the squirrel really throws me but I am sure someone on here will know exactly who made it.

Ron
  4. Anchor Clanker

Anchor Clanker New Member

It's an Iver Johnson Champion in fairly poor condition worth about maybe $50.00
  5. worldsaway

worldsaway New Member

Thanks guys. I'll probably take it in to find out a bit more about it, but, could anybody give me a guesstimate of the age?
  6. hrf

hrf Active Member

7. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

i agree with HRF it is not an iver johnson.

bill