Can anyone give me hope for the future of this country?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by hkruss, Jul 8, 2010.

1. hkruss

hkruss Active Member

It seems that every day brings some new action or policy or political appointment or law instituted by our government.
    The "regime" (as Rush so accurately calls it), has yet to do a SINGLE thing that I agree with. NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Even when polls show that the majority of Americans disagree with their policies, obama and his cronies seem to just shrug and say "too bad, we're gonna do it anyway".
    Too many Americans are content to sit idly by and let it happen. Ponycar17 once used the term, "scarily stupid" to describe the average American. To me, that is the PERFECT descriptor.
    That the American people would elect someone with ZERO experience to lead this great country, speaks volumes.

Please, to any of the Democrat members of this forum, or any Dem guests who read this, I honestly want to hear your reasons why obama is qualified to be President.

I ask myself how this man-child was ever elected.

I know many seemed tired of the politics of Bush, so maybe they thought we need something completely different. Along comes this seemingly 'perfect' candidate, barack obama. He was poised, self assured, educated, brimming with self confidence. His words came out like crisp $20 dollar bills that the ignorant masses wanted to snatch up.
    Then there was, possibly, 'White Mans Guilt'. After all, the blacks have gotten the short end of the stick for so long in this country, that we kind of 'owed' it to them to elect a black man (or at least a half black man) as President. Plus, this will really show that we're not racists after all.
    Then there were the idealistic young voters who thought that 'this guy' will change America and things will finally be fair and the country made whole. Plus, he was an instant celebrity, and after all, the young folks just love their celebrities! On top of that, Jon Stewart on the Daily Show, as well as Chris Matthews and Brian Williams and (name your own media person here), ALL seemed to proclaim him as 'The Second Coming'. He is Perfect, wholly Without Fault.
    Then there was the Race that the 'half-rican' chose to align himself with; the Black race. Something like 96% of Black Americans chose to vote for obama. That is their right, and I respect that right.But somehow, I have a hard time believing that most of that 96% voted for him because they considered the issues and decided that he was the most qualified candidate to deal with the issues. Hmmn, what other reason could there possibly be that 96% of Black Americans would all vote for the same guy? Surely, it could not be because he was 'one of them' and they wanted one of 'theirs' to be in charge. Of course, that would be racist, so that couldn't possibly be the reason. No, I'm sure it was because he was the most qualified candidate, in their eyes.

All the above really doesn't matter much now. We are, where we are. I have NEVER felt such utter despair for our country. I find that I often have to stop watching the news or listening to talk radio. I get so furious that I have to take a break just to calm down! Equally as bad, is the feeling that there is very little or nothing I can do to change anything.
    I honestly believe that if there aren't substantial changes in our Government starting in November, and if this wolf in sheep's clothing is not voted out in 2012, our country is doomed. No, the country wont physically cease to exist, but rather the ideas that made America great, will be no more. All of our rights and freedoms will eventually be taken from us. Government will be the new God. We are well on our way there.

God (the True One) help us, please.

In all sincerity I ask those of you with optimism left, to please share that optimism with me. Give me some hope for the future of this country. I admit, I am a 'glass is half empty' kind of guy, and I need some encouragement right now. I'm guessing many others feel the same way.

2. lentz

lentz Former Guest

I see no hope.It's the time we're living in.
    It's all over but the crying.
    Not just U.S.,but the world as a whole.
    Sorry....It won't get any better
  3. bamajoey

bamajoey Well-Known Member

Of all the things obama has done, I feel the worst is the health care bill. If this isn't repealed or defunded, quality health care as we know it is over. Our children and grand children will never be able to pay off our debt, plus they won't have half the healthcare that we are used to now. People will be dying before they will be able to get an appointment to see a doctor.
    Come on folks, get your friends, neighbors, co-workers, family, and anyone else you can to vote this trash out of office. It's our only hope.
  4. MagnumFan

MagnumFan Former Guest

Cheer up folks, November is coming.

Get out and Vote
  5. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

6. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

VOTE in NOVEMBER!!!
    I would say; could it get any worse...I wont say that though.
  7. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Member

No. It will get worse---not better.

It gets worse every day.

Obama is destroying the US as fast as he can.

And the Democratic Congress is helping him.

But the election in November is a false savior for conservatives.

Elections are designed to favor the masses and a majority of voters in the US want the government to do more for them regardless of the consequencies.

That works when 10% of the people depend upon the government and 90% work. But we are now in the situation where over 50% derive their livelihood from the government.

Voters will NEVER voluntarily accept reductions in their government benefits.

The things that Obama and his comrades have put in place will NEVER be repealed.

Think about things like Social Security, LBJ's "Great Society", food stamps, etc. No benefit has ever been taken back from the voters. There is a reason: Taking back a benefit angers a block of voters and candidates want to stay in power.

The US will continue its downward spiral (led by the runaway Federal spending designed to redistribute workers' wealth) at a faster pace.

The end will not be pretty:

Either the US will end up like all the other 3rd world nations, or we will end up with a dictator. Or both.
  8. kingchip

kingchip New Member

I'm trying to look at things a little differently. Before this sham for a POTUS showed up, we as a nation were complacent about the process. I feel that O has awakened a sleeping giant. This election may be very interesting. I await the poll numbers to see who actually goes out to vote, and to see the results. Surely some of the sheeple have realized that this can't be good for anybody.
  9. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

The elections are determined by independent voters and right now they are dissatisfied with Obama by a large margin. This combined with an energized tea party movement will change the make-up of the next congress so that Obama has no chance to continue his planned destruction of this country. In 2012 he is one term history like Jimmy Carter, Herbert Hoover, James Buchanan and many more.
  10. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

One can only hope, and I'd say your 100% right!
    But some of the things (most of the things) that he's gotten away with so far makes a person wonder how in the world his arse hasnt already got impeached? I know he hasnt got leagaly charged with anything that I know of, but how has he got this far?
    IMO, I think he dont fall short of flat-out evil.
  11. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    If we can elect a consertive Congress in November, we can turn things around. I asked David Vitter what would be the first things needed to be done in 2012 if we controled the White House, and Congress. His words were to the effect that "We will repeal the health care bill, and all laws that have been passed that are not given to the Presidency to pass, according to our Constitution". Remember in November! United we stand!
  12. jondar

jondar New Member

Yes, think November 2010, then November 2012.
  13. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

Yep, 3rd world dictatorship, that's where we're headed. You are spot on with that one.

The cake is baked. We are DONE. There is NO going back.

The elections we have now are just an opiate for the masses. They are meaningless. The powers that be that run things behind the scenes are NOT going to allow America to return to her principled roots, nor do I believe the people have it in them to do it.
  14. lentz

lentz Former Guest

right on target
  15. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

There is no fate but what we make.
    (tm Sarah Conner)

We absolutely CAN turn this around if we UNITE behind a GOOD CANDIDATE and not splinter our vote by having five conservatives vieing for each office.

Even if Obozo turns his back of Israel, there are a LOT of people in this country that will continue to support that country, and God has promised to bless those who do -

Nothing is beyond God.
  16. vytoland

vytoland New Member

tomorrow will be better, IF................

people start taking care of themselves and their families.....not waiting for hand outs from big brother or others.

people clean up after themselves and not litter every where.

people get their priorities inline....FIRST : family, work, home, education, financial security............LAST : fun, toys (electronic gadgets, guns, body augmentations)

disapline, respect and control must reign.............."it's all about me" must change.

if you are waiting for the november elections you are in for a rude awakining.
    it will be the same circus with different clowns.
  17. red14

red14 Active Member

Thank you Terry. I agree, we should never lose faith. I believe as Winston Churchill did:

"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender."

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
  18. lentz

lentz Former Guest

I agree
  19. JSDinTexas

JSDinTexas New Member

Come on down to Texas where you are always welcomed. We can go back to being a country again like we were to begin with.
  20. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

I too have faith, faith in my previous assessment. :eek::rolleyes: