Can anyone help me identify this older rifle? Part 2

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Lesage72, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Lesage72

Lesage72 New Member

Couldn't figure out how to edit photos so started a new thread. Picture is a bit hard to see

Attached Files:

2. deadin

deadin Well-Known Member

OK! The rifle was made at the Kokura Arsenal sometime from 1939-1945.
    Your pictures aren't clear enough to make out the series mark (Just in front of the serial number) or to see if there is another mark after the Kokura mark (the 3 lobed mark after the serial.)
    Kokura was one of the main arsenals before and during WW2.

I've attached a list of the seriesmarks that should appear om the Type 99. The serial numbers ran from 1 - 99,999 and then a new series was started. This will give you an indication on just where in the 1939 to 1945 your rifle was produced.....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012