1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Can anyone ID this gun?

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by gngtools, Feb 20, 2011.

1. gngtools

gngtools New Member

I have two of these muzzle loader flintlock pistols that I am trying to sell for my Aunt. My Uncle died and I only have a list he left saying they were from the 1700's and of Arabian design. I took the barrel off and found no proof marks anywhere. Can anyone help me identify and value them? Thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. desi23

desi23 Member

They definetly look like middle eastern firearms. Hard to tell from the pics though if they are really that old. Unfortunately many guns of this type have been made up and aged to sell to tourists as souvenirs. This has been going on for a long time at least since the 1950's and probably longer than that. You might check with some gun shops in your area and see if they have anyone who specializes in antiques who could look them over in person.
  3. gngtools

gngtools New Member

Thanks Desi, that was my concern. Im selling them for my Aunt and dont want to misrepresent them as something they are not.