Can anyone tell me more about this rifle 9mm Flobert

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by wazer, Sep 20, 2012.

1. wazer

wazer New Member

Hi everyone,

I have a rifle with a strong octagon barrel, cal. 9mm flobert. It looks like something old, but I can't put a year on it. I've attached some pics.

Does someone knows more about this type of rifle and possibly the manufacturer? And how do you call this kind of 'firing mechanism'? (Assuming that the firing pin is still present, because it's missing on the pics)

I can't find any marks on the barrel, and except 9FL, there is nothing else readable on the barrel.

Hope that someone has an idea.

Thanks!!
    _

Attached Files:

2. hrf

hrf Active Member

Welcome to TFF.

What you have is not a true Flobert, where the only breechblock is the hammer, but the Warnant type, which had a hinged breechblock pivoted at the open holes shown, and missing from your gun. The arms that extended down each side often cracked at the pivot holes.

90% if not 100% of these were made in Belgium ca. 1890s-1914 and if you remove the barrel there will probably be the ELG in oval Liege proofmark.

In condition shown it has no value unless someone wants the stock, etc.

The inventor: http://www.littlegun.be/arme belge/artisans identifies t w/a warnant creon julien gb.htm
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012