Can anyone tell me what I have?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by ThiefStopper, Jul 9, 2006.

1. ThiefStopper

ThiefStopper New Member

Hi all this is my first post. I recently inherited two handguns that my grandmother has been saving for years. I'm not sure what year or model they are but I know they are over 50 years old.

The first is a smith and wesson .38. The story is it was my grandfather's father in law. He was a deputy sherriff of denver, colorado and it was his duty weapon. We have the handcuffs and badges too!

The second was my great-great-grandmother's gun. I can't even tell what make it is. The letters WEISBACH are stamped above the trigger. The trigger fold up into the gun and there is no trigger guard. On the top of the gun it reads "CENTRALF: CAL: 320" and next to that "SYST HAMMERLESS". There is also some strange symbols stamped into the gun and barrell. They look similar to the letters CBD. The grips are black and have what appears to be an ancient god like head on it with wings on his helmet.

Any info on these would really help me decide what to do with them. Where should I look for info if no one here has any?

Thanks to all.
  2. berto64

berto64 Active Member

TS,

Welcome to TFF!.........Be patient one of the experts will be along to answer your question soon.

Don't be surprised if your post gets moved to the "Ask the Pros or What it's worth" forum.
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2006
  3. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Can you post pics?
  4. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Welcome TS

Yea some pics would really help
  5. stash247

stash247 New Member

You know in general, about the S&W Revolver, and, lacking much more than what you gave us, the other one is a German guild revolver, c 1870-80, but perhaps as late as the 19 teens, chambered in what now is called 32 ACP, or maybe in .30 short CF.
    There's more research and personal knowledge information on this board, than in any museum, on earth, but we need a little help, like pictures, clear pictures!
    Anyway, welcome to out pathetic second(?) home! Terry