1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Can anyone tell me what this is worth

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by theddaug, Dec 16, 2010.

1. theddaug

theddaug New Member

I have a rem. model 700 7mm mag with I think its a weaver scope the scope
    only says micro trac but its adjustable to 1000 yds.
    I do not know how to add pics but I could email to ya.
    thanks theddaug
  2. 22shot

22shot New Member

theddaug

Value is based on fact; not assumptions.

What Model 700 (ADL; BDL;C?).

Weaver Micro-Track; what model (It's stamped at the eye piece on the tube)?
  3. theddaug

theddaug New Member

Hi 22shot
    Sorry about the imfo
    What I found is on the gun it says rep B the rep is circled
    Also on the scope it says V9-IIw this is on the eye end by the adjustment ring
    Both are in good shape a little ware to the scope finish the gun is in pretty decent shape on a scale 1 to 10 I would say around 7-8 let me know if this helps and thanks a lot Theddaug
  4. 22shot

22shot New Member

theddaug

The scope is a Weaver(El Passo; Tex.) V9; 3X-9X variable power; with adjustable objective lens. Five availible reticles (crosshair; post; dot; etc.).
    The II behind the 9 designates a later model; but the specs are the same.

Objective dia: 48.6mm Eyepiece dia:37.7mm
    Value (1982 ref.) $162 (Check Ebay...The steel tube scopes are "collectors"; check yours with a magnet; later had aluminum tubes).

Not much more to go on the 700, sorry.
    Does yours have a black tip on the front of the stock; under the barrel? (Model BDL; C). (The "model" refers to the "grade"of the rifle; standard; better; custom).

Any fixed sights on the barrel/reciever?
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  5. theddaug

theddaug New Member

Hi 22shot
    I am not sure where to find the model you need all i can find is 7 mm mag model 700
    where do I find the letters
    I have pics but they are to large to upload I could try to email them to ya
    Thanks theddaug
  6. theddaug

theddaug New Member

Hey 22shot
    also the scope is metal no black spot on the stock I did find what looks like cu 65 on one side of barrel otherwise all I see is 7mm mag and on the side below the chamber just above the stock is where it says remmington model 700 with no letters
  7. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Well-Known Member

Just make sure it ain't one of the MFR Error 700's from pre-2005.

Take it to the range, place towards target and make CERTAIN it is pointed downrange towards a target and call for Hot Range.
    Load it.
    Place the safety on Fire.
    Wiggle the bolt handle...if it fires, send it to Remmy for Warranty Work.
    If it doesn't fire, then put the safety from SAFE to FIRE, then place it from FIRE to SAFE.
    If it doesn't go bang while playing with the Safety with finger off the trigger, you got a good one. ;)
    If it goes bang while fiddlin with ANYTHING BUT THE TRIGGER, send it back to Remmy for Warranty Work.

Just something ya gota check with Remmy 700's...last thing anyone wants is to put holes where they don't belong...
    especially when you ain't even touching the trigger.
  8. 22shot

22shot New Member

theddaug

The "grade" (ADL; BDL; C) of the 700 is not stamped or written on the rifle; rather it is a combinatin of factory "options" when they first made it.

Without the black plastic foreend tip on the stock; it is either a ADL or a classic; which had no fixed sights.

Based on your post so far; you have one of these two "grades" or Models.

Aluminum and steel are both metal...
  9. theddaug

theddaug New Member

Hi 22shot
    No black tip looks like it had fixed sights but not there now since scope was put on
    Looks like they removed sights looks like a small threaded hole near back of barrel
    where a sight might have been front of barrel has a small screw in top does this help
    theddaug
  10. 22shot

22shot New Member

theddawg

You got to realize I'm making assumptions (NO PICS!); but they are based on your post and my references.

The rear sight was probably removed for clearing that big objective lens of the scope; and your 700 is a "Model" ADL. I don't have a clue as to why the front sight was removed.

The 700 Classic model was never drilled and tapped for fixed sights; it was intended to be used with a scope.

The value (1984) was $350; yours is missing the factory sights; so a WAG would be around $400 today (without the scope)...pics would sure help!
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  11. theddaug

theddaug New Member

Hi 22shot
    I think I got some pics for ya at least they said they uploaded
    let me know what you think thanks theddaug

Attached Files:

12. 22shot

22shot New Member

theddaug

Really nice.

Looks like it has "uncle mikes" studs for detatchable sling swivels; and somewhere in it's life; a recoil pad was added with a white line spacer. It looks like whoever had that rifle was a big person; the length of "pull" from the trigger to the end of the recoil pad seems a bit long.
    How does it feel when you shoulder it?

I would scrounge around a bit; and look for a " hooded' ramp front sight for it; just for that "safari" look. You can find little "dummy" screws to fill in the holes flush left by the rear sight. Maybe its thepics; but it looks like somebody "varnished" the stock; If so. I would remove it with different grades of steel wool and a finish coat of True Oil. All this will add to its appeal and value.

As to the 700 safety selector issue; some people are freaked about it; but I think Remington would never "cut corners" in such a way to leave them wide open for a slew of lawsuits. Unfortunately; this issue; real or immagined, will affect the value; but I'm going to ignore that.

I do hang around at gun shows; checking out values/conditions/types (30+ years!)
    so I'm going to say that if your rifle is spiffed up a bit; I would probably see it on a table for $500 to $700...

A bit lenghty; but there it is.

:)
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  13. theddaug

theddaug New Member

Hi 22shot
    I've used it for dear hunting in Mn and the gun is great My friend bought it from a gunsmith/collector and he used it when living in Montana It feels great and a nice shooter
    I have a guy interested in buying it but just not sure I want to sell Thanks for your help
    it will help me to decide to keep it or not
    Thanks again theddaug
  14. 22shot

22shot New Member

theddaug

Enjoy it.

Funny how certain rifles develop a "personality"...

:cool: