Can I get some info/reviews on the colt Defender?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by jfd347, Aug 24, 2008.

1. jfd347

jfd347 New Member

Ok so I took a lady friend to the indy 1500 this weekend and she fell in love with a Colt Defender. I'm new to the gun world and this was her first time in it period. She wants to get into it and wants the colt she molested.

Can you guys tell me anything about it? Is it a good gun? Good for a novice? Anything I need to know like that.

Thank you all.
  2. punchie

punchie Member

Very good gun but might not be the right choice to get started with. Small and light means harder to shoot accurately and more recoil. My advise would be to find a range with rental guns (or a friend with a wide variety).
  3. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

excellent advice by punchie.. i'll also say yes it's a good gun but for a female ? at the risk of sounding sexist it's not a good gun for a female. geez that sounds bad and i have to admit my wife shoots a 45 but a full size 1911. they kick a bit less due to the size and extra weight. i let her try my light weight colt commander once and she flinched a few times. the difference in a few ounces of steel made her not like the gun. so that something to take into consideration.
  4. jfd347

jfd347 New Member

Thanks folks. I was thinking that I'd take her to a range sometime. I just havent had the time or money yet.
  5. llama.45

llama.45 New Member

havent had good luck with the defender and colt doesnt carry to many replacement parts and neither does anybody else. extractors must have been a weak link because there arnt any to be found