Can never say when I mess up I do not...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jjmitchell60, Aug 29, 2012.

1. jjmitchell60

jjmitchell60 Active Member

Raised in Buzzard Roost near Frog Town in hillls o
    Update: Can never say when I mess up I do not...

Update:
    Well I have a fractured Fibula from ankle up about 2-3 inches. Not a bad fracture but am in a plaster splint cast for 4 weeks then re x-ray to see if I can go to the isolation boot for 4-8 more weeks OR to wrap and immobilize for what ever time it takes to heal. I am not supposed to go any where or do anything for 4 weeks BUT that will be hard to say the least. They said maybe 6 weeks on average till healed and then 6 weeks to get back to walking fully on it. I dodged the bullet of having 2 screws put in but he said it only due to being tough!!! It hurt him more to flex my ankle while x-rays than me. It only hurt where he grabbed my bruised leg, not the ankle. He actually moved the break in fibula rather than my ankle spread which if it did I would have to have screws put in.

The bike sustained $60 in damage to the clear coat and that is it! That was caused when I knocked the mirror over into the faring as I went off the left side. It is being fixed.

It was my stupidity that it happened. I was not paying attention as I went down the drive way. I was getting after my dog for being so close to road, a truck popped around curve, I went to stop, my left foot caught on a rock up through the rough concrete, and that pulled it in under the muffler. My foot, ankle, and leg holding up a near 1000 pound bike is what fractured the leg and gave me a sever sprung ankle.

So ,I will be back up and going eventually. I like that all terrain shooting chair but please do not give me ideas!!! Sorry no beer involved. Really have not drank much in 20+ years. A little shine from time to time and that is it.

Thanks for all the well wishes and concerns. As the doctor and I talked, the older I get the longer it takes to get over my stupidity. Always been an adrenaline junkie but now the healing is getting longer and longer BUT still need the adrenaline from time to time. I will be riding again in a few weeks I hope. Will quit when I cannot heal or cannot figure a way to ride.

Can never say when I mess up I do not do it RIGHT (well rather left in this case).
    Last Wed. I dropped my HD in the driveway on my left ankle and leg. Well figured a severe class 1 or mild class 2 sprung ankle and wretched knee. Well did NOT got to ER being I could walk some on it but over weekend it got worse as to pain in my shin and lots more bruising coming out. Went today after TRYING 2 days to get the VA to call me as to when I could come in, was worried I MIGHT have a blood clot due to my shin acting as it is. Went today, had x-rays & ultra sound of whole left leg. Was given a slip on knee brace and told to do as I have for 12 weeks which was limit my mobility, use crutches, ice followed by heat for swelling, and elevate left ankle/leg. Ask 2 times IF they wanted me to stay around for reading of x-rays, was told NO twice. Got almost home and they called BEGGING me to get back being I have a fractured Tibia beginning at ankle up about 2-3 inches. I ask if I could wait till Thursday mourning being almost home and TIRED from being on it all day. They talked me into going back and was told to go to ER then tell them an ortho doctor's name wanted them to call when I arrived and other x-rays were ordered. Well ER said they do not do that but did find orders for more x-rays. So 1 hour in ER after x-rays to wait on an ortho doc, he was in surgery, told ER to put a boot isolation boot on my left leg below knee, and come back THURSDAY!!! So I was PEED OFF!!! Waited 2 MORE hours for the boot to get up ONE story from basement to ER ALONG with my nurse who took her dinner break of 1 hour (WHY another nurse could not put the boot on is beyond me), and got home at 2045 hours PIZZED off with a MAJOR headache along an isolation boot on that was moving my ankle more than I was using bandaging!!! Have to do what I originally ask to do, go back tomorrow. Now tomorrow I have to see IF surgery on the 2 flakes of bone where the tendons separated them. I will also be giving a doctor a good azz chewing as well. I will be getting the survey for the ER and man will it get a rating below F!

SO, when I fruck up, I do it right!!!! There goes the rides I had planned for Sept. being we are done on the outside remodeling (well close to done) and deer season!!!! Looks like I could be down for as long as 3-9 months!!!
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

man that sucks so sorry to hear eh

get better fast

prayers from this side
  3. Carne Frio

Carne Frio Member

I worked in a very large VA medical center radiology
    department and have to say that your experience is
    pretty normal. Isn't government medicine wonderful !

Take care and hope your surgery and recovery go well.
  4. joncutt87

joncutt87 Active Member

If there's anything we can do to help out, let us know
  5. Woodnut

Woodnut Forum Sponsor Supporting Member

Sorry to hear all that, hope you heal soon. Give them a chewing for me too. As Jon said, anything you need let us know.
  6. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

if I was nearby I would rig up a pulley systems so you could get into your deer stand.
  7. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    My question is did you damage your bike? :D
  8. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I am thankful for the care I receive at the VA. That being said, it can be very frustrating going there. Sorry for your misfortune.
  9. tcox4freedom

tcox4freedom Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Been there; done that!
    Except I had to lay mine over when someone backed out in front of me. They continued to back over me & my bike, then drove off as if nothing happened.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news jj. But, I broke my leg over 25yrs ago & I can tell when bad weather is coming 24hours ahead of time.

-
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  10. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Active Member

training wheels?:D
    just joking, hope you feel better
  11. Double D

Sorry Grump, this was the only way I knew how to fix the oversize picture!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2012
  12. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Let's try this one, DD:

Pops

Attached Files:

13. time2shoot

time2shoot Active Member

So is that Old grump in th pic?
  14. time2shoot

time2shoot Active Member

Please tell me this whole thing didn't start out with, "Here hold my beer" or "Hey guys WATCH THIS"

But I do wish you better luck.
  15. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Dang JJ, I hope it's the 3 month rather then the 9 month. Sorry to hear this.:(
  16. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Sorry to hear about your little accident, but not so little. I worked at the VA hospital in Nashville, TN, for five years so I know what you mean about time being wasted on waiting.

How is your bike?
  17. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Thanks for the picture reduction, I didn't know how to do it. That is not me but close enough/ I'm 20 years older and have a white beard to go along with my white buzz cut hair. I am actually looking at wheeled all terrain chairs because that one is to pricey for me and my back is getting worse and worse. I built my house purposely to be wheel chair friendly because eventually I will be in one. I will be damned if I give up shooting though. However considering I live on sandy soil a tracked version may have to be my outdoor option.

OP is down for a few months but eventually will be off pain killers and will want to shoot. I did the same after I broke my right wrist, twice in two years. While I was in a cast I had to have people load my pistols for me or I used a revolver and shot left handed till I could use my right hand again. When you are a die hard shooter you do what you gotta do. When you gotta hunt you gotta hunt.

I had permission from the local DNR to use my garden tractor to cross over onto DNR land to retrieve a deer but only that far and no further. It's a non motorized area but he knew my condition and bent the rules a little trusting that I would not abuse the privilege and I haven't.
  18. Double D

Well, I reduced the picture down quite a bit but it wasnt enough so it got reduced again...oh well, it fits!
  19. Dennis C

Dennis C New Member

sorry to hear about your mishap jjmitchell...hopefully you will heal up nice and quick.

Accidents can happen anytime and anywhere...I guy I work with was killed in a motorcycle accident on Friday, he was a heck of a nice guy and was only in his early 50's. His funeral was yesterday...very depressing.
  20. bobski

bobski Former Guest

bikes...its why i sold most of mine. im tired of breaking my body parts! get well.